New: Headliner color perference? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2016, 11:18 AM   #1

Name: Kaddy
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
Michigan
Registry
New: Headliner color perference?

Hi, Were new to the forum and this is my first post. I have been looking at headliner. I am wondering what is the preferred color for a clean look? I know this is preference but I want a trendy clean color but something that hides the imperfections as well. I'm thinking of going with the ivory hull liner with white stove and gray cushions much like the current casitas. Does anyone have experience with the lighter colors in hull liner and the ability to keep it really clean? Also, how dark is the sand color once installed with a lot of wall and ceiling. My cushions will be a medium gray, interior is white with ivory hull liner?

Thanks for any input in advance!
openthegates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:40 PM   #2

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
Grey is super trendy right now, but personall, I think your ivory idea is great...light, neutral, can be trended to any style or age without needing replaced. Your cushions and even cabinet doors are much more easily update able. Thinking about the orange shag casita I saw the other day...that was surely trendy!

My scamp is white inside; it's nice and light!
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #3

Michigan
Registry
Do you have pictures?
Old 06-22-2016, 03:54 PM   #4

Michigan
Registry
Also, what is the material?
Old 06-22-2016, 05:13 PM   #5

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
Mine is a 1979 scamp; it's the original elephant skin, and we are just beginning the remodel, so it doesn't look like much yet...camping in it, I love the lightness over our last trailer that had light wood walls.
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:11 AM   #6

Michigan
Registry
Thank you for your input!
Old 06-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
We went with an off white or natural white headliner and we love the color but the problem we have ran into is with the adhesives. We used Lock Tite Professional 300 to apply styrofoam insulation to the interior of the shell, then the same for the headliner to the styrofoam. The styrofoam held well but the headliner has failed in places in the 90+ degree Georgia heat, other places are holding well so at this point I think it may be more operator error on the application of the glue. But on our door rebuild I used DAP contact adhesive to apply the headliner directly to the fiberglass on the doors inside and it failed. When I put it up I glued it to the door applying it to both the door and the vinyl letting it sit until it was tack dry then pressed them together as the instructions said then trimmed the headliner to the edge of the door with a razor but the headliner shrunk in the summer heat so I will have to replace that piece. We used the two coat method with the Lock Tite as well on the shells interior. I have a can of 3M automotive headliner and fabric spray I plan to try but it is not cheap at $20 per aerosol can...what ever you go with I would advise testing first, we did test multiple glues on the styrofoam and the headliner and still ran into problems.
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:24 PM   #8

Michigan
Registry
Great input! Thank you!