New Interior 2006 Egg Camper - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #21

Name: Tracy
Trailer: 2006 Egg Camper
Michigan
Registry
Emergency Exit Screen

I took out the fiberglass under bed piece today and replaced it with some plywood. Now I am working on a simple fabric skirt to hide the tubs. It's going to be so much easier to access that area now and I can use my taller tubs.

I also finished my Emergency Exit Screen, the first photo is the screen out of the window and you can see that I didn't have a big enough piece of fiberglass screen so I just made due. The outer edge fabric is a waterproof raincoat fabric that will resist water and wont fade like a cotton fabric would. It also doesn't fray much. I made a template of the corner curves and where the holes needed to be for the window release then after I applied the velcro all the way around the screen did a buttonhole stitch around the rectangle areas and cut them out. When it's placed onto the velcro around the window frame it fit quite nice. If I made another one I would make it maybe 1/2 inch smaller than I thought because the fabric and screen does stretch a bit and you want it tight. The two tabs at the bottom are grosgrain ribbon so that if you did need to get out of this window it would be easy to get hold of these and peal the screen up.
Attached Thumbnails
screen.jpg   screen1.jpg  

screen3.jpg  
Beadbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #22

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadbug View Post
This doesn't require electric but I hate the fiberglass piece in my camper that swings up to get under the back bed. The camper isn't made this way anymore for a good reason, it's big bulky and doesn't allow you to use the full storage height because of the way it swings. This is an easy fix by just taking it out and making another board to fit across. When I do this I will also make a little curtain that covers the area since I don't have little wooden doors to cover the openings in the fiberglass....
That's interesting to me, because when I saw that pivoting thingy I thought it was very innovative and practical. It made it so easy to raise the bed, hardly any effort required. Shows what I know! It never entered my mind that it could cut down on storage space.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #23

Michigan
Registry
It was innovative but not practical, it weighed so much more than just the piece of plywood that he is building them with now. With the full sized mattress on top, this is what came with the camper, it was impossible to hold up the fiberglass piece to get items out.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:22 AM   #24

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
I know this is an old post, but I am loving reading some of the egg forums helping me to think about my future purchase
4x4LDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #25

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Egg is my favorite too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4LDY View Post
I know this is an old post, but I am loving reading some of the egg forums helping me to think about my future purchase
The EggCamper is our dream. However, they're hard to come by...
Old 09-06-2016, 07:09 PM   #26

Michigan
Registry
This Egg is for sale! We are going to move up to a larger trailer with a fixed queen sized bed and a couch. It's in beautiful condition 2006 $14,000 lots of little extras. Check out my post in the for sale area.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:32 PM   #27

Name: Andrew
Trailer: eggcamper 2006#37
California
beautiful egg

Hey there ,
Love the pics of your new egg. We just picked up a 2006 eggcamper, ol' #36 this summer and just love it. Love that we have both gas and electric option. Still can't figure out why Jim went all electric with the newer models but glad we found this lat year of the hybrid. Love what you did with the interior and glad you have an awning that must make a difference.

all best and have a great time connecting to nature in your egg. Hope we sse ya on the road some day!
andrew
abwegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:17 PM   #28

Michigan
Registry
I never had the gass hooked up in this camper, it seemed like pumping gas into such a sealed chamber simply wasn't the best idea. We never missed it since we didn't cook in the camper and I don't camp without electric.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:42 PM   #29

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by abwegg View Post
... We just picked up a 2006 eggcamper, ol' #36 ...
Andrew, How do you know it's #36? Is it stamped somewhere on the frame? Are the last digits of the VIN sequential? Or is it information from the company's records? Just curious....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:05 PM   #30

California
#37 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Andrew, How do you know it's #36? Is it stamped somewhere on the frame? Are the last digits of the VIN sequential? Or is it information from the company's records? Just curious....
Hey War Eagle,

Correction on Eggcamper #36 its actually#37. Sorry, I didn't have my folder in front of me and the previous owner had great records #37 is marked by Jim on all the paper work and appliances paper work to match to each egg. To answer your other questions. Not sure about any digits on the frame although I do think the vin is on the tongue and yes the number is the last 2 numbers on the VIN and on the title.

Do you have an egg? What number is yours? I think there have been around 300 made thus far?

all best and happy egging
Old 01-23-2017, 07:59 PM   #31

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
... Do you have an egg? What number is yours? I think there have been around 300 made thus far? ...
Andrew, If the last three digits of an EggCamper's VIN represent its sequential build order, then our 2010 EggCamper was number 83 off the production line. So in round numbers, was Jim turning out approximately one new camper per week (taking into account he closed the shop during Winter)? Dale
Old 01-23-2017, 10:43 PM   #32

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hey War Eagle,

I have a 2010 EggCamper and I just checked my VIN.

I am the second owner (I purchased it in Apr 2012) and in my records I have that the original owner purchased in Aug 2010. The last two numbers of my VIN are 85.
Ms. Gayle 2012-IA,MO,NE,WY,MT,UT,NM,AZ,TX/2013-AR,LA,AL, FL,GA,SC,NC,TN,KY,KS,CO/2014-IL,MO,MN,MI,WI IA/2015-SD,IA,MO,OK,TX/2016-AR,MS,FL,MO,IN,VA,NC,TN/2017-KS,CO,UT,AR,MS,FL/2018-IL,IN,SD,MN,Canada,IA, OK,TX,NM/2019-OK,TX,AR,NE,SD/2020-AR
Ms. Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:21 PM   #33

California
Quote:
Andrew, If the last three digits of an EggCamper's VIN represent its sequential build order, then our 2010 EggCamper was number 83 off the production line. So in round numbers, was Jim turning out approximately one new camper per week (taking into account he closed the shop during Winter)? Dale
Hey Dale,

That is very cool to figure out that math. I think I will put my egg number in my handle on here now. I think that would be a cool thing for all eggcamper owners to do that as well, since it looks like the 300 or so will be collector items since Jim is on permanent hiatus. I do think they are the most well thought out camper for operations that I have seen. Especially for a 6'4" guy who wants simplicity and efficiency in design. I love it that you figured out how many he was cranking out! Looks like your sister egg has already responded below!
Old 01-24-2017, 08:01 AM   #34

Colorado
I started a new thread bout EggCamper VINs and build sequence if you all want to post your EggCamper's information there.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:40 PM   #35

California
egg vin

Quote:
I started a new thread bout EggCamper VINs and build sequence if you all want to post your EggCamper's information there.
Good show Dale! I was trying to figure out how to start a thread. So you records show the date it was sold? Hmmm I'll have to dig a lil deeper to figure out that. How do you like the all electric version? do you wish it was hybrid, electric /gas for boondocking or is it not an issue for you?
Old 01-24-2017, 10:26 PM   #36

Colorado
Quote:
Good show Dale! I was trying to figure out how to start a thread. So you records show the date it was sold? Hmmm I'll have to dig a lil deeper to figure out that. How do you like the all electric version? do you wish it was hybrid, electric /gas for boondocking or is it not an issue for you?
Andrew, Our EggCamper came with a three-ring binder containing everything clear back to when the original owner moved money from their savings to checking to purchase the camper, the original bill of sale, original application for insurance and application for registration and license plate - the whole shebang! I even have the owners manual for a new Honda 2000i generator they purchased as an emergency back-up for their CPAP machines when boondocking (didn't get the generator, though). I tracked down the original owners (very nice couple) and visited with them a bit about their travels and a few mods they did to the camper. They towed with a Hyundai Santa Fe. They'd still love to have the camper, but their increasing health problems made them give up camping. So far we've restricted our trips with the all-electric model to sites where 120V shore power was available, so we've been fine. We used to tent camp, and we still treat the EggCamper more like a towable tent with hard sides. After that, having electric power, indoor plumbing and a real mattress are just big bonuses.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:02 AM   #37

Name: Karen
Trailer: Scamp13
Florida
Beautiful! Great inspiration for those of us renovating our campers! Thank you for posting!
Karen
Scamp 13
"GypSea"
KarenN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper