New Interior lighting led light strips - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2006, 07:51 AM   #1

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp (fits in my Garage...Yeah)
Hey

I have decided to go all dc, with some options for ac....but I wanted to have some nice interior lighting off the battery...

I have seen other set ups.. and checked out led options till I came across this company...

http://stores.ebay.com/Acolyte-Industries-Incorporated

I purchased a 50 led light strip..Blue.. just to add a blue tint at night to the interior...I have a cool ceiling fan at home with a blue neon light which looks awesome at night...
so I tried to recreate the effect inmy Burro. I made a really low offer on the 50 led light strip and they took it..

I drilled one hole underneathe my sink area and attached the srtip with velcro. I spliced into the left side interior dc light wires, and added a thumb on/off switch.

Its really bright...Really blue...no heat what so ever...Really blue....way too cool...
So cool I just ordered the ultrabright 25 led white set up. I plan on hooking this up to the other side.

The quality of these strips is unreal..very well built... and the strips ae moldable....if you have a curved area..it will work...

I have a couple of pictures.... does not show the shade of blue....but let me tell you its wild..and its low watt DC...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0074.JPG   IMG_0082.JPG  

jimtesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:23 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
You'll be very happy you did that!

All of my lighting is LED except for the cold cathodes over my stove. You can run for many many days without a charge!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #3

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp (fits in my Garage...Yeah)
I also replaced the side bulbs with led's as well..different hue softer...and again no heat at all...

this weekend I am going to take out ..for now the undercabinet light and add a dvd player..when its back up I will decide what to do with the light.....

I am also going to install a outside light..by the door with an additional switch to control it from inside...when we are inside...

back to work......
jimtesla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led lights, lighting