new interior wall fabric for our 13' Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #1

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler American
Registry
new interior wall fabric for our 13' Boler

I'm getting ready to order the new covering for my Boler walls. I'm sure somebody has posted the calculations for how many sq feet or yards to cover, but I can't find it. Any help?

Also, I'll use reflectix as my insulation layer... do you put this inside the closet/under the seats, etc as well? The PO had taken out all of the ensolite, so I can't really tell what would have been standard. Or, what is recommended, for that matter!
LukeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #2

Name: mona
Trailer: Casita 16'
Wisconsin
Reflectix Insulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeP View Post
I'm getting ready to order the new covering for my Boler walls. I'm sure somebody has posted the calculations for how many sq feet or yards to cover, but I can't find it. Any help?

Also, I'll use reflectix as my insulation layer... do you put this inside the closet/under the seats, etc as well? The PO had taken out all of the ensolite, so I can't really tell what would have been standard. Or, what is recommended, for that matter!
Luke,

I recently received my Casita '90 after a complete re-do. Check it out. The 1990 Casita Re-do, February 13-16th, 2011. The business that insulated the interior put reflectix on the interior walls, and on the outside of the bath wall , which faces the interior of the rv. The front closet was the only area where the carpet was retained as the interior. They did a very good job. Lots of photos on this website. Mona
monasimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #3

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Luke, The Ensolite is not behind the benches or the lower cabinet, it is behind the upper cabinet and I think it's in the closet too.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
In my Scamp it is on the exterior wall of everything - oveheads, closet, seats etc......
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette
The more insulation, the easier to heat and cool. I also added plastic-wrapped fiberglass insulation in the bench seats against the outside walls.
Darnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I agree with Darnelle. Sleeping on a cold bed isn't much fun in the Spring/Fall. Besides, you wouldn't want your canned food to freeze would you.... or boil-in-the-can
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #7

Registry
okay! so in short, insulate all outside surfaces!

and a follow-up - anybody have an idea of how many yards of fabric it took for a 13 footer?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #8

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
If the existing rat fur wall covering is not sagging, can I glue on Reflectix over it and than a vinyl headliner material to the reflectix?

Simple question: Do I need to remove the original Rat Fur if it is holding fine?
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #9

Trailer: Boler 1984
Our later model Boler has a type of carpeting on the walls. It's warm in cool weather, doesn't sweat and insulates reasonably in hot temperatures. We use a shop vac to clean it once a year and a carpet spot remover takes care of small stains. Just another option to think about.
Attached Thumbnails
199 (640x480).jpg  
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #10

Name: Craig
Trailer: 1973 Boler
Ontario
Registry
When I went to the Scamp factory, they said it takes 25 yards of rat fur to cover the inside of a 13 footer
psyber_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Our later model Boler has a type of carpeting on the walls. It's warm in cool weather, doesn't sweat and insulates reasonably in hot temperatures. We use a shop vac to clean it once a year and a carpet spot remover takes care of small stains. Just another option to think about.

any idea who makes this or where it can be purchased? and does it have an insulated backing of some sort, as a part of it? it looks a little less fuzzy, than the scamp rat furr!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyber_guy View Post
When I went to the Scamp factory, they said it takes 25 yards of rat fur to cover the inside of a 13 footer

thanks!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #13

Trailer: Boler 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeP View Post
any idea who makes this or where it can be purchased? and does it have an insulated backing of some sort, as a part of it? it looks a little less fuzzy, than the scamp rat furr!
It was used in Bolers manufactured at the Midhurst factory from about '81 until about '87. It doesn't have a foam backing but is more like a heavy upholstry fabric.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Check out car headliner material. You can get it for marine applications and it's mold resistant, comes in a dearth of colors too! You'd still want some sort of insulation, whether the old ensolite or reflex-type.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #15

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Or it might be automotive carpeting, that is thicker than regular fabric but usually does not have any backing.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler