Opinion On Paint on My Play-Mor II - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2019, 09:54 AM   #1

Name: Amber
Trailer: Play-Mor II
Arizona
Opinion On Paint on My Play-Mor II

Hi,
I wasn't sure where to post this. If this is the wrong place, let me know.

I am looking for opinions on a paint issue I am having. One of the owners before me painted the camper in a cute white and teal combination, but they painted the window frames teal. The paint is flaking, so I am thinking about just removing it. This Play-Mor trailer is odd though, because all of the windows and center band are brown.

Should I look for a paint to match and just clean it up, or should I remove the teal and just let the brown show? If I do remove it, what should I use so I don't also strip the brown?

Here are a couple photos to show the issue. These are the extreme areas, some aren't really very bad.

Ambaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 05:30 PM   #2

Name: Nicolas
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Almonte, Ontario
Lightbulb Window paint solution

Depending on how bad the remaining trim is, I would sand lightly to loosen any further loose paint, then prime the trim with a super adhesion primer like Bin 123 by Zinzer. Then choose the trim colour you want (a good quality latex siding paint works well.)
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:12 AM   #3

Name: Chris
Trailer: 1986 Play-Mor II & Scamp 13' Build date April 2019
Connecticut
I will do a sanding prime and paint. Looks like they painted over the brown with no sanding or primer.
CSiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:10 PM   #4

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSiko View Post
I will do a sanding prime and paint. Looks like they painted over the brown with no sanding or primer.
Are you keeping the brown? If not, what are looking to do, neutral, black, matching? I don't mind the brown, but I'm not a fan either. Will the sanding remove the brown or just give a good surface for the new paint to stick to? I'm afraid to take the windows out, try to fix the paint issue and reseal them in case I make it worse.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #5

Name: Chris
Trailer: 1986 Play-Mor II & Scamp 13' Build date April 2019
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambaz View Post
Are you keeping the brown? If not, what are looking to do, neutral, black, matching? I don't mind the brown, but I'm not a fan either. Will the sanding remove the brown or just give a good surface for the new paint to stick to? I'm afraid to take the windows out, try to fix the paint issue and reseal them in case I make it worse.
Will strip the paint and I will be painting black or will keep it brushed and clear coat it.
Taking the widows out is easy. Bunch of screws and the putty tape. I am resealing mine.
CSiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:43 PM   #6

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSiko View Post
Will strip the paint and I will be painting black or will keep it brushed and clear coat it.
Taking the widows out is easy. Bunch of screws and the putty tape. I am resealing mine.
I'm sure it won't be bad, it's just scary the 1st time! I'm thinking about going black also with the windows also.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:10 PM   #7

Name: Gerry
Trailer: Borro
Georgia
The standard rule is dull, dry, and solid. Scuff sand anything you are going to paint them clean and degrees it make any repairs needed clean it again then prime it.

I am a paint guy I deal with it’ for a living
Gerry
Gerry648 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint, play-mor