orange boler reno done ish .. lol - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 05:12 PM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: boler
canada n.s
orange boler reno done ish .. lol

Well guys thought I may as well get around to posting some pics of the old girl ... started this little project 5 years ago and what a journey its been to say the least. Bought this when I was 20 and it feels like it has used up all my time sense than lol. Any way, started out pretty much stock all but this strange 5th wheel type thing on the front ( you'll see what I mean in the pics) any ways after a year of using it i thought to myself hey lets gut this ugly piece of crap and make something cool .... if only I could turn back time ide of saved million bucks and 5 years of time lol none the less I proceed and ripped everything out. There was a huge pile of head liner, windows ,flooring ,cushions. Than I started wondering what I was doing with my life . The first thing I did was the outside body .. and seemed like I never stopped making a mess lol i dropped 1000 bucks on amazing fiberglass paint called algrip works good when u do it right.. And i obv didn’t do it right.. oh boy and everything after that I did out side looked like garbage no matter how hard I tried

oh well had to move on. lucky for me the rest of the painting went OK and
all the cupboards turned out alright. put new foist in the kitchen and mettle back splash. i also re glassed the cupboard to tightly fit the fridge

next i did amazing sound system.. you old guys are going to rolling your eyes at me but this thing is bumpin. as u can see i went with a mettle look and used sheet aluminum as much as i could

tucked this bad boy under the front seat and did my best to make it look good with mettle trim .

Wired everything to the hitch where I put in 2 12v deep cycle batteries . I’ve got enough juice to get kicked out of every camp ground in Canada!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0315.jpg   IMG_0318.jpg  

IMG_0326.jpg   IMG_0323.jpg  

IMG_0317.jpg  
farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #2

canada n.s
next i did a few 12v lights over the sink and kitchen table, wired them back to the closet and tossed in a new fancy switch witch i also set in with sheet aluminum. put in a 110 lamp for when i have land power

than i said to my self whats a man cave on wheels with out a tv.. so in went the flat screen with my ok sized dvd collection. made a stand thing and bolted it down.
I took some of those cheep Asian led strip lights and glued them around the back side of it giving it a crazy back light

Now i may as well show u guys the hitch . shes got 2 batteries 2 propane tanks and an electronic jack. this thing is ready for the end of the world

so that's her really il toss in a few more random shots. il go out and take a few when it gets dark too showing off the lighting . i guess il also mention that i used plastic fake diamond plate for the flour and Wight head liner for the walls . i did my best hiding the seams of the head liner by cutting sheets of thin ply wood and wrapped them in head liner and bolted it over the cuts.. Turned out pretty good i guess

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0317.jpg   IMG_0325.jpg  

IMG_0327.jpg   IMG_0319.jpg  

IMG_0331.jpg   IMG_0332.jpg  

IMG_0313.jpg   IMG_0320.jpg  

IMG_0329.jpg  
Old 06-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #3

Name: Chad
Trailer: 2000 17' Bigfoot CB
Nebraska
Looks good!

Debating on whether I want to put a booming stereo in my Scamp. I was thinking of building some speaker boxes and having some mounting points inside and out, so I could move them as needed. Still working it out in my head.
chud13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #4

canada n.s
Tottly go with some facing out ! I've regretted not doing that for sure

Tags
boler