Our 75 Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2009, 11:49 PM   #1

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Boler
Getting some more work done, foam came today and we trimmed it to fit. Now I need to begin the cushion covers.

for all the photos check out our web album
Attached Thumbnails
Nat_tracing_foam.JPG   Nat_cutting_foam.JPG  

crosvy_on_cushions.JPG  
Naomi P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #2

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
your project is coming along great!! I see your doggie found her spot already!! LOL
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Looks absolutely de-vine Naomi!!
One other thing you coulda done is to use the old foam as patterns, cut them out an mailed them to the foam shop. Just woulda saved a l'il work!!!!

Whats 'happenin' in May, LOL!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Escape B
We had the "Foam Shop" in Coquitlam do our new cushions when we re-did our Boler and made a dinette in the front. We also got them covered and they did a greta job.

They also made us a mattress for when we made a permanent bed in the back..

Super service and we won't hesitate to go there again if we decide to get a topper of some kind for our new Escape..

Looks like you will have some work to do--but you are smart to take pictures. We didn't until the end and it would have been nice to see all the work we put into ours...

Enjoy.....
Doug & Anna-Marie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Looks absolutely de-vine Naomi!!
One other thing you coulda done is to use the old foam as patterns, cut them out an mailed them to the foam shop. Just woulda saved a l'il work!!!!

Whats 'happenin' in May, LOL!!!
We thought about sending them patterns but the only cushions our trailer came with were the couch cushions so we thought we'd just cut those while we were cutting the dinette cushions anyway. I wish we could have had them cut them all, that wasn't as easy or neat as I had hoped. Ah well they're all done now.

And yes, we're booked for the Fort Langley meet!!!!! can't wait!!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #6

Registry
Quote:
....yes, we're booked for the Fort Langley meet!!!!! can't wait!!
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
We thought about sending them patterns but the only cushions our trailer came with were the couch cushions so we thought we'd just cut those while we were cutting the dinette cushions anyway. I wish we could have had them cut them all, that wasn't as easy or neat as I had hoped.
This may be too late for you, but might help someone in the future.

Link to Dinette Cushion Templates on bolerlife.com,
also available as a PDF File
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #8

Getting some more work done, started the cushions, painted the cupboard doors and stove top, now working on painting the interior fiberglass...

She's going to be cheery
Attached Thumbnails
Nat__s_1st_cushion.JPG   cupboard_doors.JPG  

stovetop_painted.JPG   one_coat_of_paint.JPG  

Old 03-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #9

Quote:
This may be too late for you, but might help someone in the future.

Link to Dinette Cushion Templates on bolerlife.com,
also available as a PDF File
Thanks Roy, We used these but a few of the measurements were a bit off for our dinette so we modified our foam when we got it.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #10

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Thanks Roy, We used these but a few of the measurements were a bit off for our dinette so we modified our foam when we got it.
Naomi - I took a look at your album of restoration photos. We are currently working on a 74 trillium - about to start cushions next month... you boler is looking good!

can you tell me what wood you used for the cupboard doors? I have to re-do all of ours the original were all warped and swollen. We picked up some nice polished chrome latches at Restoration Hardware on Granville St and chrome hinges form Home Despot.

Barry
Barry Konkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #11

Quote:
can you tell me what wood you used for the cupboard doors? I have to re-do all of ours the original were all warped and swollen.

Barry
I'll check with my husband to be sure, but I think it is birch plywood, we just sanded the edges a bit and painted, they look pretty good, huge improvement from our old ones. Our Boler didn't even have some of the cupboard doors, really where do these things go??
Old 03-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #12

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
One note/question on making new cushions: I'm not a professional, but I believe that typically the cushion covers are made to the proper size and "stuffed" slightly with the foam pieces. That is, the foam pieces are slightly oversized so that the covers will be nice and tight.

So I'm thinking that if one is tracing old foam pieces, they're good to go; but if using the cushion covers for patterns, you'd want to add a bit of size to the foam

Do I have this correct?

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #13

Registry
Barry, those nice chrome pieces???
Keep'em WELL waxed n polished and keep the trailer warm n dry over our monsoon season or you're apt to open your trailer in the spring to find some funky looking chrome pieces...
Those nice shiny pieces you bought weren't meant to be used as you are gunna use them AND chrome(ing) these days isn't 'all that'!!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #14

Interior is done for now, had our first camping trip this week on our new cushions with new curtains and paint job etc.

Check out the link below in my signature for updated pics! So excited to be using the Boler finally
Old 07-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #15

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Interior is done for now, had our first camping trip this week on our new cushions with new curtains and paint job etc.

Check out the link below in my signature for updated pics! So excited to be using the Boler finally
Nice and bright! Looks like you did a lot of work and now it's time to start making those memories. Saw the one camping photo... GREAT!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #16

Trailer: 1973 Boler
Great job! I'm currently embarking on a reno of my '73 Boler and facing many of the same issues you have dealt with. May I ask where you got your new side windows and approx. how much there were? I'd like to replace ours, but hubby thinks we should leave the originals. My only complaint about the originals is that they don't have that sexy roundness to them that the whole Boler should have!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #17

Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300 (Glass-Fab
Registry
Quote:
One note/question on making new cushions: I'm not a professional, but I believe that typically the cushion covers are made to the proper size and "stuffed" slightly with the foam pieces. That is, the foam pieces are slightly oversized so that the covers will be nice and tight.

So I'm thinking that if one is tracing old foam pieces, they're good to go; but if using the cushion covers for patterns, you'd want to add a bit of size to the foam

Do I have this correct?

Raya
More or less. When I made my covers, I traced the shape to be 3/4" extra on all sides of the cushion foam, so that it can be hemmed ove by 3/8" I made the gussets so that they were about 1/4" inch narrower than the foam thickness when stitched onto the top and bottom, and the covers have to be stuffed. I used heavy YKK zipper stock buried in the gussets. After a few days the covers had assumed the shape of the foam perfectly.

Be sure to make all the straight sides as straight as possible when hemming.
Mike Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 09:48 PM   #18

Name: Chad
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
I’m looking for the template for a full set for my 13’ boler, the front is a dinette, not cushion
Chadwick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 06:02 PM   #19

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
Not understanding your request...
Sounds like unit is similar to ours.
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ler-90495.html
steve67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 07:45 PM   #20

Name: Chad
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Looking for front dinette cushion template! Or does the front dinette sold by scamp work in a boler aswell
Chadwick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler