Our first mod - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #1

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Our first mod

I am very excited to show you our first mod. It is actually the second but the first one was just a plywood shelf under the sink and it wasn't very exciting. This is the doggy door for my girls. The inside will have a blanket rolled up to cover the wiring in the back and one on the floor. It needs a bit of tweaking but it turned out really cute.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0083.jpg  
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: Winnebago
Cozy place for the girls

That is really nice! I thought of doing something like that but you did a great job. I hope the girls like it as well as I do.
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #3

Iowa
I guess i should say, my husband built this mod. I am the cleaner and decorator and he is the muscle and craftsman. Thanks Larry.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #4

Trailer: Aliner
Shelly, I LOVE it!!!!!

I might need to do something like that for Sunny. He has a bad habit of bending and chewing blinds when I leave him in the trailer!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #5

Iowa
Thank you Sharon! If you have a chewer you may have to think of a better solution for the wiring under the seat. Next thing will be the bathroom. When we were in walmart my husband found some gerber daisy decals. So now i want to make a skirt for around the sink and a tiny little valance for the little window in the bathroom. I see Walmart has gerber daisy shower curtains. That could possibly be over kill though. LOL! But i have toilet issues that need to be fixed first so i can't get too carried away.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There are plenty of members that have "crate" pets that would be interested in this mod...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #7

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
That's neat! I wish my dogs were small enough to have built in dens!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #8

Trailer: Boler 1984
Great mod and I like the built-in look ! Eliminating the need to carry a separate doggy crate is a plus. What about fastening in a large plastic bin on it's side with some styrofoam under to insulate and separate the wiring? would make for easy cleaning too.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #9

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Great idea and nice looking mod. I noticed on close up you've put in a foam overhead bumper so they don't bump or scrap going in or out. Now you need a sign. Like "Chihuahua's only" Or "Beware of dog enter at your own risk"
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #10

Iowa
no actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBirder View Post
Great idea and nice looking mod. I noticed on close up you've put in a foam overhead bumper so they don't bump or scrap going in or out. Now you need a sign. Like "Chihuahua's only" Or "Beware of dog enter at your own risk"
There seems to be a fiberglass insert in the top of it for access from the top of the seat. If i knew how to take it out of there i would so it would afford more room to the girls when they are in there. It's not a huge amount of space but it is big enough for them to stretch, stand up and move around a bit which is all they would have in thier regular kennel....
Old 02-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #11

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Shelly
I think it would come right out with the right saw?
I think Dave will need a new tool to take care of this,but that is just my opinion!

Looks great,what took you so long?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #12

Iowa
Ed, you have no idea. The debit card is getting pretty darn worn out. Mattress is on it's way, ordered some odoban just to get the chemical smell out, used it today. New tv mount ordered today, toilet was installed today. Looking at some decals for the front where the worn casita sticker was. Looking at tire covers. Dave is talking about putting a lift on it. I have been having the best time working on it. I can see why you got addicted. I will be sad when all the work is done on it. Might have to find another one to work on when this is done!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #13

Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Shelly
I think it would come right out with the right saw?
I think Dave will need a new tool to take care of this,but that is just my opinion!

Looks great,what took you so long?
PS i don't want that part out of the seat bad enough to cut it out. It made a nice storage area for 2 pr of jeans and two hooded sweatshirts.