Outside BQ LPG Grill mounted on Scamp 5 th wheel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Had a ? about the grill mounted on my Scamp 5th wheel over in the places to camp discussion. There are no labels on the grill, nor can I ask the previous owner as he passed away. The relative who sold me the trailer did not know much about it.

Anyway here are some pics of the modification. Does anyone recognise it? Where can you get one? Info?
Attached Thumbnails
grill0414.jpg   grill0415.jpg  

grill0416.jpg   grill0419.jpg  

Jim Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Are you just asking about the barbecue? I bought one like that a number of years ago, it ran on those small 1# disposable propane bottles. And I've seen them available this year too. They're available just about everywhere....here in Portland those stores would be Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer, Bi-Mart, K-Mart....etc. The bracket definitely looks like a DIY job.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #3

No, the mounting assembly. It is mounted to the trailer and runs off of the large trailer LPG. The 2nd part is easy. Off the shelf stuff there.

Quote:
Are you just asking about the barbecue? I bought one like that a number of years ago, it ran on those small 1# disposable propane bottles. And I've seen them available this year too. They're available just about everywhere....here in Portland those stores would be Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer, Bi-Mart, K-Mart....etc. The bracket definitely looks like a DIY job.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:51 PM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
I just got a Weber Q120. Awesome portable. Cooks incredible burgers and dogs! I'd find a way to mount one of those there.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:12 AM   #5

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
That gas connection looks homebrew also. I think it's just a regular portable gas grill hooked up to a regulator at the tank. You MUST have a regulator somewhere in the line.

The mount is just a brilliant idea but homebrew for sure. I like the fact that when pulled out it seems to be far enough away from the trailer to not melt anything.

Not sure what keeps everything from rattling itself to death though when on the road.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:49 PM   #6

Quote:
That gas connection looks homebrew also. I think it's just a regular portable gas grill hooked up to a regulator at the tank. You MUST have a regulator somewhere in the line.

The mount is just a brilliant idea but homebrew for sure. I like the fact that when pulled out it seems to be far enough away from the trailer to not melt anything.

Not sure what keeps everything from rattling itself to death though when on the road.
The slide tubes run al the way across the 5 whl bed, plus there is a catch to keep it from sliding out. Last touch, there is a screw mounted in the lid that pushes against the frame rail when retracted.

If it is a home brew mounting rack, it is well made and finished.

The grill itself is off the shelf as is the LP line which is Td into the regular LP lines to the trailer.

Tags
scamp