Parkliner Electrical issue/schematic - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2022, 07:02 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: Liberty Parkliner
Virginia
Parkliner Electrical issue/schematic

Greetings —

I have a 2018 Liberty Parkliner that I'm having some trouble with. Been maintaining systems on it myself, and learning a lot, but stuck on an electrical issue.

Specifically, the systems monitor (and at least some of the systems running through it — e.g., water pump and interior lights) aren't powering up when on battery power, but work just fine when plugged into AC.

I've recently replaced the AC/DC inverter, and it seems to be charging the batteries ok, but I can't be sure if that's related to the current problem. (No pun intended!)

I'd say I'm somewhat/fairly handy with electrical repair and diagnosis, but I feel like I'm operating in the dark somewhat, without a schematic of how it's all wired up. I thought I had found something like that on this forum a while back, but can't track it down now. Would love some advice, and/or a schematic/diagram, if anyone's got one. With the company shuttered, I've found it tricky to find that stuff online.

Thanks in advance...
cville_mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:00 AM   #2

Name: Ethan
Trailer: 2019 Parkliner
New York

Hi, Mark. I have replaced the AC/DC inverter too. And this one broke too. I fill they are poorly made for boundcing down the road. Any way our Parkliner is running all 12 volt systems fine with just batteries. Seems like you have no connection to batteries. I can't help with schematic/diagram. And to anyone that wants to up grade to lithium batteries, I have run into lack of space in the space Parkliner left for batteries. Good luck
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:23 PM   #3

Name: Mark
Trailer: Liberty Parkliner
Virginia
Still working on it...

Thanks for your response. Update on my situation:

The inverter I currently have on board is putting out DC current just fine; however, I've traced the issue to a broken connection between the batteries and the entire DC side of the electrical system. The batteries in fact don't appear to be receiving the charge the inverter is putting out, nor are they powering the system when the inverter isn't on.

I'm still hoping to find a schematic — I know I saw one online at some point; just can't seem to track it down now.
cville_mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:12 PM   #4

Name: Ethan
Trailer: 2019 Parkliner
New York

I would try testing terminals with test light in the small rectangular box under front of trailer. That collects a lot of water sometimes. I have drilled drain holes in ours. Also sprayed Fluid Film over connections when done with wiring work.Hope you share what you find.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, parkliner