Parkliner Pedestal Table - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2020, 05:06 AM   #1

Name: Maria
Trailer: Parkliner 2018
Maryland
Parkliner Pedestal Table

Hi all. My new-to-me 2018 Parkliner has a pedestal table that is a royal PITA to set up as a bed then again to get back to a table. As a table it is unsTABLE (see what I did there ) I would like to remove it. Has anyone done this successfully? What does it take to remove the round base that the pole slips into? Is it easy to remove?

Has anyone added one of those 'magic tables' I've heard about (whatever that is), and is that magic table also a base for the queen bed configuration?

(I don't think this is going directly to the Parkliner group, but I haven't figured out how to get to there - yet).

Thanks for any words of wisdom on this.
Maria in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:41 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Have you looked at the laguna (?) table mounts
I’m not familiar with your trailer so it might not be an option
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:26 AM   #3

Name: CHET
Trailer: 2019 ParkLiner
NV
I too have a newer ParkLiner and my table is a breeze to set up. If yours is the same as mine (like this: https://www.westmarine.com/buy/sprin...stal--17075045) there are two clamps underneath. If your table is unstable, simply tighten the two "set screws" on the clamps so that they have more clamping pressure (not too much) and it will instantly firm up the table. I travel with my table in an upright position all the time and have never had an issue.

To turn the dinette into a bed, simply loosen the clamps, compress the leg and retighten the clamps. Done. When you're ready to convert back to a table, loosen the clamps and the gas pressure raises the table.
ChetC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:24 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
ParkLiner Tables

From what you say, it appears that "ParkLiner" has changed the table leg design from our 2016 model. Perhaps not for the better?
We leave the rear table as a bed, and just use the side dinette. It has clips on the wall, and a two piece leg, which I had to secure to the floor to keep it in place while traveling
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:45 PM   #5

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2018 Parkliner
Utah
Parkliner table

I agree with the other two. Mine is the 2018 model and I have no problem setting it up. Just use the clamps.
ecmbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 04:49 PM   #6

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
I think most of us with Parkliners got the upgrade to a magic table. I have a 2014 Parkliner, so I don't know what is a available on newer models.

It's still a pain to put the table up and take down because it has to fit under the side cushions. Both side cushions have to either be removed or turned on their side to put the table top down.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:03 PM   #7

Maryland
Parkliner Pedestal Table

Alan, the Lagun table would be ideal, and maybe it’s the one that is also called the ‘magic table’ because of what it can do. I’ll have to look at that one and see just what it would take to attach it to the rear wall, oh wait, it could be attached to the bench I think, not having to make holes on the side walls! Hot dayam, now I really have to check it out! Thanks for the idea.

Chet, from your description it sounds and the image (thanks for the link) looks like the same table in my Parkliner, but if it is the same, the one in mine must have been bypassed by the quality control inspector. In table mode, the table top wobbles a lot and it appears to be firmly attached.

Wayne your side dinette sounds like mine. The tabletop slips into metal slots on the wall with an extendable leg that doesn’t retract far enough into itself so that it doesn’t stick out sideways onto the floor.

Thank you all for your replies. It’s in a storage garage or I would have tried to post pictures, but your descriptions Chet and Wayne sound like mine.
I’m open to any all suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:07 PM   #8

Maryland
Huck, can you post a photo for me on where/how the 'magic' table is attached? I'm loathe to make holes on the walls, but if it can be attached to bench is probably where I'll put it. Or send me a pm with the photo? Please? Is the 'magic' table the Lagun table? Thanks you.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #9

Maryland
Chet, my dinette is definitely not the new and improved one that you have. I wish
Old 08-21-2020, 08:24 PM   #10

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria in MD View Post
Alan, the Lagun table would be ideal, and maybe it’s the one that is also called the ‘magic table’ because of what it can do. I’ll have to look at that one and see just what it would take to attach it to the rear wall, oh wait, it could be attached to the bench I think, not having to make holes on the side walls! Hot dayam, now I really have to check it out! Thanks for the idea.
The Lagun table is not magic, but its nice. I put one in a Scamp and others have used it also. Its not a table.. it is the mount for a table, but you will get the idea.

Not knowing anything about your layout, I did not suggest the Lagun because of the mention of a"magic table [which is] also a base for the queen bed configuration." My first thought is that a table mounted on a Lagun might not be the same size as the bed base. But, if the size of the bed base is consistent with the size of table that the Lagun will support, and you can dual purpose the Lagun mounted table with a base for the bed then that might be ideal.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:55 PM   #11

Maryland
Thank you gordon2. I see where it is the mount that is the 'lagun'. It sounds ideal, how and where did you mount it to the Scamp? Did you reinforce where you mounted it? I'm leaning toward this lagun mount. I went to their website, and though there is a link for installation instructions page, the page is not there ::sigh::. I need to know if I can do the install myself or need to prepare to save some more $ to have someone do the install for me.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:04 PM   #12

Maryland
ecmbob, the pedestal and table on my unit definitely missed the quality control inspection. The guy I bought it from struggled to get it back down to bed mode, and while in table mode the top was extremely unsTABLE. And the table top is huge!
Old 08-23-2020, 10:34 AM   #13

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
I took some pictures of my magic table.

Picture 1 is with table down to make queen size bed.
Picture 2 just shows the table folded over at hinge.
Picture 3 is the small table (hinged folded over).
Picture 4 is configured as large table.
Picture 5 is closeup of wall hardware.
Picture 6 is extension pulled out.

The table leg is the same as the side table.
Attached Thumbnails
bed.jpg   folded.jpg  

halftable.jpg   fulltable.jpg  

hardware.jpg   extension.jpg  

Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:03 AM   #14

Maryland
Parkliner Pedestal Table

Thanks Huck, the pictures are great and let's me see the 'magic' table. I would prefer this to current. My dinette is just like that and I had a h*ll of a time taking it off the metal brackets to make it into a bed. I'm hoping adding a little WD40 will make it slip in/out of the slots easier (I don't have the rat fur on my walls).
Thanks again for your reply and the photo's! Any tips on the use of anything in the camper, or things to make it easier to learn the in/outs of the camper is very much appreciated. I'm taking notes
Old 08-23-2020, 04:44 PM   #15

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria in MD View Post
.. how and where did you mount it to the Scamp? Did you reinforce where you mounted it? ...
Please see the link I included in the post above.. here it is again:
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...yst-77423.html
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:11 PM   #16

Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
Table

Maria: to change your dinette table from up to down, you need to lift the opposite end of the table just enough for the tabs to come out of the wall mounts, then fold the leg under the top, and slowly pull the table away from the wall and it will pivot on the lower wire bracket to the bed support position. easier done than described.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:48 PM   #17

Maryland
Thanks MartinA. That's the dinette that I have, am hoping with a little WD40 it'll slip into the slots easier. The big dining table has the hydraulic pedestal that is the PITA to fully lift up and get it back to bed mode. The pedestal and base is rock solid, but the table top wobbles big time.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:12 PM   #18

Name: Adam
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
Great idea with the table @Huck. I can see the benefit of being able to tuck half the table over.
BC_Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:17 PM   #19

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Interesting that the mechanism pictured above is just like what I have in my 1977 Trillium (stock). I find it easier to operate than the table in my 2013 Escape, and more stable.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner