ParkLiner - where best to install flatscreen tv? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #1

Name: Gretchen
Trailer: Coachman Freedom Express
Tennessee
ParkLiner - where best to install flatscreen tv?

Has anyone installed a small (19inch) flatscreen tv in a Parkliner? Am trying to decide where is best to hang it under cabinet or mount arm to something on its side. I think it weighs about 6-7lbs. Its about the size of a dinner tray. I was kind of thinking of removing one of the lights above the bed and hanging in a corner under the cabinet by adding a 3/8 plywood piece up inside cabinet to screw holes thru to balance the weight out on the wood. Anyone try this yet? Thanks. Any pics of how you hung one would be super helpful.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #2

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Having watched Chandler chin himself by holding on to the front of the cabinets, I would think that the cabinets are more than strong enough to support a TV mount with a plywood backing. I'm more concerned what vibration might do to the TV itself. The couple of times that I've bothered to bring our 19" flat screen TV along, I've just stuffed it in an old laptop computer bag and later set it up on the side dinette on its stand when we wanted to watch a movie. (There was enough room in the computer bag for a small blue-ray player as well.)

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #3

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
tv's and campers...sigh

I do admit to carrying a portable dvd player with me... I dont sleep much more then 5 hours a night and sometimes my friends crash before midnite and dont get up till 9am... well since I dont want to be up before the sunrises I will watch a movie before bed.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #4

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Smile

Yes on what Brian & deryk shared on portable vs permenamt solutions to entertainment. Cari and i utilize our tablet(s) and notbook(s) and netbook. Next on the list (maybe fall of 2014ish?) is one of the units in the new style of large All-In-One desktops that are running Windows 8 so one can basically use the 20" screen as a touch screen tablet. (A link to one sample).

Anyway, we much prefer snuggling around a doable screen than looking even across a bed/table to a screen mounted on the wall. Of course...the ~14'W x ~12'L living room in our Mobile suite looking at the 46" tv from the recliners is a spoiler!

RVing in style but it's not fiberglass ,(
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #5

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Current modern TVs are so light weight that there is no problem at all hanging one in a sturdy manner and letting it ride around in the trailer in position.

I even think they would be more vulnerable to being damaged if tucked into a case and left in the trailer,guess why I think this?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #6

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
accrete: No hot tub, You pore thing.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #7

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Wink

trust me when i say if my wife could have fit one in the 38 footer she would have ordered it!
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #8

Name: Stuart
Trailer: ParkLiner
California
Registry
Smile Parkliner and 19"LCD mount

We got a swing mount ant put it on the right rear plywood above the bed. we have a 19" lcd/dvd unit that is connected by cable out by way of the pillar next to the stove.
Cal Oski Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:31 AM   #9

Name: Gretchen
Trailer: Coachman Freedom Express
Tennessee
Stuart, Wow, you got a Parkliner and you are in California! That drive back must have been an adventure! We did get out tv installed, no problems. How many days did you take to drive home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Oski Stu View Post
We got a swing mount ant put it on the right rear plywood above the bed. we have a 19" lcd/dvd unit that is connected by cable out by way of the pillar next to the stove.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1697.jpg  
Old 05-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #10

Trailer: Casita
My 24" has been hanging from the cabinet for 3 years. I never take it down. No vibration problem. Mount = Premier mount, FLIP model
Attached Thumbnails
24tele.JPG  
LK Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #11

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
I know you already mounted yours Gretchen, but we're putting ours under the upper bath storage compartment. It's mounted far back enough so someone could sit at the dinette and not have it hit their head, but it's far enough forward it can be folded up against the cabinet it's mounted to and swung out of the way. It can be fully viewed from the bed, but we're sleeping with our heads towards the back of the trailer.

Pics soon!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner