Pegboard for Trillium 4500 Kitchen- Skadis - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2022, 03:38 PM   #1

Name: Shangie
Trailer: Northwood Nash 22/1977 Trillium 4500
Washington
Pegboard for Trillium 4500 Kitchen- Skadis

Ikea makes a brilliant pegboard with all kinds of accessories at a fair price. It is called the Skadis and I have used one for years to organize the side door exit/entry of our home for keys, sunscreen bottles, headlamps, letters that need to go to the mailbox, etc..

They are totally customizable with many different types of holders, including shelves. I needed something for the Trillium kitchen to hold utensils, c fold paper towels (no room for paper towels in this wee camper), night flashlight, salt and pepper and hand/dishsoap, etc. and purchased the 22 x 14 wide and it does all that and fits perfectly next to the sink between it and the bed/dinette. I hung it by the hanger in the back using two plastic hooks (those super strong command strips up to three pounds each).

They make wider ones and I could of gone wider and wish I had now so I could have hung pot holders, cutting board etc. as well. Should have measured before making the purchase. Anyway the add ons available make this a great option for adding lightweight storage to our small trailers.

Will attempted pictures when I have time, otherwise you can check it out at Ikea online and look at the unit and all the accessories available. Skadis.
Shangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 06:56 PM   #2

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Would love to see pictures of it in your Trillium please.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 03:29 PM   #3

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Manitoba
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Would love to see pictures of it in your Trillium please.

I second the desire for seeing pictures of it in action.
spidermoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 02:19 PM   #4

Washington
Ikea Pegboard with Accessories for kitchen trailer

Wrote about adding this to our Trillium in a different post here and finally was able to add this picture though it's sideways on here and not on my computer. Do not have the patience or time to figure that out as I actually want to get some work done today.. Ikea makes this item in three sizes. It also comes in several colors. I have the smallest of the three large sized ones. It is hung using two command hooks. They make a wide variety of accessories to fit your needs. These can go anywhere you have space and ability to mount. They have a large picture mount on the back so you can use hooks. Anyway I use these in my home office so thought why not......Unfortunately our new sink faucet was too wide to allow for me to install the next size up but you an measure and figure that out for yourself if you want to place eon of these in there. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/skadis-...hite-10321618/
Attached Thumbnails
Ikea pegboard trillium.jpg  
Old 11-13-2022, 06:03 PM   #5

Name: julie
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangie View Post
Wrote about adding this to our Trillium in a different post here and finally was able to add this picture though it's sideways on here and not on my computer. Do not have the patience or time to figure that out as I actually want to get some work done today.. Ikea makes this item in three sizes. It also comes in several colors. I have the smallest of the three large sized ones. It is hung using two command hooks. They make a wide variety of accessories to fit your needs. These can go anywhere you have space and ability to mount. They have a large picture mount on the back so you can use hooks. Anyway I use these in my home office so thought why not......Unfortunately our new sink faucet was too wide to allow for me to install the next size up but you an measure and figure that out for yourself if you want to place eon of these in there. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/skadis-...hite-10321618/

Thanks! Looks useful.
julmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 06:18 PM   #6

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
That looks great, thank you for posting pics. So much better than putting individual holes for separate things or lots of hooks.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 03:03 PM   #7

Washington
Agreed! I like an organized trailer because it cuts down on work for me. I like having the things I frequently use visible to me and I don't take the kitchen sink camping. I also leave non rodent attracting things in the trailer year round so I don't have to store in the home in the off season. We are fortunate enough to be abe to plug in so I can keep the trailer dry with an economical Davis Instruments Air-Dryer. Have used those for years along with keeping some vents open to keep things mildew free during storage.
Old 04-13-2023, 08:58 AM   #8

Manitoba
It is not entirely clear to me how you used command hooks to mount this. Can you elaborate? Which kind of command hooks for example. The mount instructions show a screw with spacer into a bracket. From the picture it looks like you used the screw and spacer, but command hooks instead of the bracket.
Old 05-13-2023, 11:59 AM   #9

Manitoba
Here is how I did it. Each hook is capable of 3 lbs so hopefully that will be enough. I am a little worried that the 18lb total might not be enough considering that is 3lb static load, not bouncing down the road, load.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5260.jpg   IMG_5259.jpg  

Tags
trillium