photos of our Scamp 13, 1983 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
Here is my first round of pictures of our camper in the condition it is in when we got it.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=c3zu7e...;localeid=en_US

I will add updates as we work on it.
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Congrats... I love the flames on that trailer you passed... couldn't tell if it was a casita or a scamp
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
April Wilcox
Great find. I love all the pictures. Keep us posted on any updates you do.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Very nice Scamp April. It definately has had some very well thought out upgrades and modifications. Interesting solution to water supply and therefore freeing up some storage space. Very similar to what I came up with in the CJ. You should be very happy with your find. Also betcha you already have ideas as to what you want to change/modify after spending a couple days in it. Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Woo Hoo, Aprils got a cute little rig. Enjoy! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Wow..... You both did really good on that trailer....NICE...... I seen the picture of the tire and it looks like they are new Kumho's??____
Joe/Lin
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #7

Yes we put new tires on and we found out that most of the regular tire places (Walmart, Goodyear, Big 10) in the area did not carry or want to work on the size tires we have. We did luck out and passed up a random tire shop that had a small one axle trailer in the parking lot, so we decided to try it, and BINGO!! we got new tires! It saved us from having to drive around Pensacola and look for a Sears...
Old 10-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
April, I also found that Wally World doesn't do trailer tires period. They won't even fill them. I was just looking to have the stem's changed. I guess it's a insurance thing, cause they steer clear of them all together. Glad you where able to find someone who carried what you needed. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #9

Trailer: 1973 16 ft Amerigo
Send a message via Yahoo to sherry loving o
Exclamation

Quote:
April, I also found that Wally World doesn't do trailer tires period. They won't even fill them. I was just looking to have the stem's changed. I guess it's a insurance thing, cause they steer clear of them all together. Glad you where able to find someone who carried what you needed. Robin

CONGRATS!!! April. It looks like your little trailer is in pretty good shape. Too cute!! Now the fun begins, you get to fix her up. Keep posting pic's of all your updates.

sherry loving o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #10

Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
Congratulations on your safe journey....it was hectic, but you survived. Now if only I can find one.....
Pat B Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #11

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Very cool, April . . . somewhere in Texas there's a girl in cat makeup purring away in her new den . . .
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Very cool, April . . . somewhere in Texas there's a girl in cat makeup purring away in her new den . . .
MEOW!! That was a photo taken at a party... we were all dressed up like cats silly huh?

We are in LOVE!! It may not be the fanciest model out there, but we got one that has at least had the grime and nasty cleaning part done for us. It is at a good starting point for being customized, so we have been getting busy with the revamp stage... I just added 4' foam mattreses for the two beds, bought new sheets to altar-to-fit them, Kirk is working on setting up the battery, and my next project: make the dinet a U bench...
Old 10-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #13

Trailer: 81 Perris Pacer / 72 Jeep CJ
Hi April. Thanks for the post, I really like the red swish too. I checked out your little egg and you got such a great deal! Like you said, having all the crud cleaned out is a huge bonus, so you get to start with almost blank canvas. So much nicer. Sounds like you're well on your way to updating cushions/curtains/interior which I can't wait to get to. Just simple upgrades like fresh color of curtains makes for a more inviting feel. I'm at a cross road with the interior of ours. We've got that pop corn insulation over foam on all the walls & it was damaged here and there and overall, dirty. I'd really like to have smooth walls but I've read other discussions and tearing it out looks like a uninviting process, so I've patched the damaged areas with the pop corn ceiling repair stuff and now it's a matter of masking off everything and painting it. It's a labor of love isn't it? Have fun!

Eve V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #14

We had our first rain on the camper today, and everything seems to be water tight inside... the escape hatch hood does not close all the way, and has a small crack on one side, but it didn't seem to leak. A little rain got in before I could close it though. I woke up this morning to the sound of rain and instantly flew out of bed, ran outside to close up the windows and got drenched

Guess I know my priorities! I LOVE our new egg!

On that note, I found a good price on a new coleman flush potti ($37 including ship) so that was a major score for us today!! I have been hunting them down and couldn't find anything less than $60. I love a good bargain, let's hope it is really new as it should be.

While I am at it, here are a couple of update photos. I added a 4" foam matress to the front bunk, and a screen door made from a section of that ez up screen I found for $9.99.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0681.jpg   IMG_0683.jpg  

Old 10-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #15

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft
Love your Scamp, April! Congratulations!
Diane G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #16

I just spent the last couple of days putting my sewing skills to the test. I created "curtains" that are cut to fit each window and attach with velcro. One side is made of silky soft fake fur (dark brown) that has a bit of a sheen to it (looks like mink) and the other side is thick creamy white fleece. These should keep the light out and insulate the windows for the cold weather. I have ordered some brown sheer organza type fabric with a sheen to it as well, to make similar design curtains that will let the light in and give us a bit more privacy in the day time, when the light reflects off the outside of the fabric... if you haven't noticed, we decided to go with brown tones for our color scheme inside, I thought about it for a while, and decided that we might as well use a color that won't show dirt so bad once we are out using the camper. Next, I plan to repaint the inside with a light creamy coffee color. mmmmm coffeeeeeee....
Attached Thumbnails
curtains_1.jpg   curtains_2.jpg  

Old 10-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #17

Trailer: 1973 16 ft Amerigo
Send a message via Yahoo to sherry loving o
Quote:
We had our first rain on the camper today, and everything seems to be water tight inside... the escape hatch hood does not close all the way, and has a small crack on one side, but it didn't seem to leak. A little rain got in before I could close it though. I woke up this morning to the sound of rain and instantly flew out of bed, ran outside to close up the windows and got drenched

Guess I know my priorities! I LOVE our new egg!

On that note, I found a good price on a new coleman flush potti ($37 including ship) so that was a major score for us today!! I have been hunting them down and couldn't find anything less than $60. I love a good bargain, let's hope it is really new as it should be.

While I am at it, here are a couple of update photos. I added a 4" foam matress to the front bunk, and a screen door made from a section of that ez up screen I found for $9.99.

Great idea for a screen door......clever! love the new addition to your family.....congrats!!
sherry loving o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #18

I forgot to mention that we got our coleman potti the other day, so the first thing I did was a test fill and empty with water, just to see how everything will function. AND it fits in the center cabinet under the front bunk! It is brand new, so it was a good deal for the price!
Old 10-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #19

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I forgot to mention that we got our coleman potti the other day, so the first thing I did was a test fill and empty with water, just to see how everything will function. AND it fits in the center cabinet under the front bunk! It is brand new, so it was a good deal for the price!
Hi April,
where did you get it from? Thanks, Dan
Dan R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #20

I found it on Amazon.com it was a fast delivery too...

Tags
scamp