Pics of our new u-haul - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #1

Name: Becky & Dave
Trailer: U haul '82 CT13 & Casita 17' Deluxe
Oregon
Pics of our new u-haul

Posted these in the gallery but in case you have not seen it, here is the eye candy. Our first outing was to Nehalem BaySt. Park for 3 days. Much fun! Thanks for looking.
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2012, 04:03 AM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Very nice! Cute fabric.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:42 AM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
That's a nice looking camper. Good job. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:24 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Looks real good. I see lots of mods from original, did you do all those. What I see is extra tail lights, front table, opening cut into the storage area under right front seating, new stove, counter top, faucet with two handles [hot water?] and all the cabinet and closet doors look new or refaced. And what is on the bumper toward each end, not the jacks but on the face of the bumper.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:47 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Very cute! I love that part of the Oregon coast.

Happy camping.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #6

Name: Frederic
Trailer: U-Haul ct-13
Quebec
Wow great work! Love the wooden counter top.

Fred
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I know you say you enjoyed your first outing (yeah) but I think with your trailer your gonna enjoy many "outings" to come.............. Adorable!

I too, am wondering what's on the bumper? Is the bumper painted? Looks cool what ever it is done................
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #8

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Nice!
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Dave and Becky glad you like it. I like the color choice of the new curtains.
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #10

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob
Looks real good. I see lots of mods from original, did you do all those. What I see is extra tail lights, front table, opening cut into the storage area under right front seating, new stove, counter top, faucet with two handles [hot water?] and all the cabinet and closet doors look new or refaced. And what is on the bumper toward each end, not the jacks but on the face of the bumper.
Thanks for all the compliments. Couldn't have done it without you all!
Before we purchased, tail lights were added because the originals were not working. Since purchasing husband got them to work but at this point the new LED lights are actually better. If a time comes when we can purchase LED originals, I'm sure we would purchase and remove then patch the current lights. But right now having lights that work is pretty nice!

The "things" on the bumper are skid wheels. Came with the trailer. The bumper and the wheels were painted u-haul orange. I think it's a fun color. Also put on the new hubs. Those were our anniversary gift to each other. I had to justify the cost somehow.

The front table was another PO addition which we are not totally satisfied with but for now will do. We are thinking a circular table might be best. Any thoughts?

The opening cut into the storage area... When we got it it had two overbuilt drawers- one worked the one on top just for looks. A space waster in our opinion. So. We moved all the drawers except the framing and I added some fabric curtains for now. We keep all the stuff in there for outdoors...other Coleman stove, tablecloth, propane lantern, etc. We keep it contained with a bungee un the curtain when on the road.

The doors were all replaced with pretty nice wood and non-locking cam lock type latches. The latches work great. The door are a bit heavy and husband would like to replace but I love the finish. If we could have them planed down that would be ideal but likely not worth the cost.

We moved the original furnace and the shelving that was in the closet. We put some of the wire cube-type pieces on the bottom of the furnace area and the closet so that we could add a storage basket and again have less eight from the PO's shelving.

I tore apart the cushions that originally came with it. They were for outdoor furniture. I reused the fabric on some new foam I bought. Plan to do a middle cushion but have not the need yet. Added new curtains and got some of that curtain wire from the UK.

We believe we would like to put in a 2 way fridge but won't until the price is right. Until we are using our. Old cooler.

Towing with the Chevy pu. More than adequate but when I go to replace my little commuter (soon hope) I will purchase something I can tow with. Hubby needs truck for work.

A work in progress...but for me a lot of fun and way better than going to work! Start back tomorrow. :-(
Old 08-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky B View Post
..........The front table was another PO addition which we are not totally satisfied with but for now will do. We are thinking a circular table might be best. Any thoughts?...........
I did a similar front table conversion and decided against a round table because it was hard to make the table top double as a couch bottom when folded down. I did cut a corner off the rectangular table top and even that corner was problematic when folded down. I ended up adding a curved filler piece between the benches at the wall area. This prevents a knee or dog foot from "falling through" and forcing the board out of place.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #12

Oregon
Thanks Tom. That was my concern with round also. I would like anything added/changed to be multi-purpose. Becky
Old 08-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #13

New York
As far as I know, the Uhaul 13's all had the rear dinette, the front was a couch or bunks. We had thought about making a front dinette in ours, but the seating areas and foot spacing isn't that good. That big "bubble" thing in the front that I guess was to support the upper bunk is missing in ours, and no disappointment that it is. Some previous owner built a small shelf about 3" wide with a raised edge, across under the front window, Not a great job, but it's handy sometimes, and other times uncomfortable to lean against. A lot of storage areas in these trailers if you don't have the bin inserts, but it's a pain to get at some of them that are under the bed or cushions. Drawers are nice, but I can jam a lot more into the spaces without them. I'm sure you're aware that the bumper is aluminum, and with considerable work could be stripped of it's paint and highly polished. Not for me though, polishing our all aluminum teardrop is enough! Wonder what the PO did with the original Uhaul cabinet doors. Very nice looking trailer you have.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #14

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Becky B, Love your new camper! Like the colors and all the woodwork! Especially like the cubby hole cut into side of front bunk cabinet. I am always getting into that cabinet and it is a pain to remove everything off of it to lift the hatch and find things. Great job with your redos and I like what the PO did as well. You got a great find! It's a jewel.
Please enjoy many more outings!!!!!
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #15

New York
Becky: do you have a finger sticking up in that photo??!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #16

Oregon
Bob: yes that is a number 1 finger. Maybe not what you imagined. Hmmm. It represents our number one RC ( Road Clothes). Husband and I like to stop for clothes in the road and see what we can score. We have quite a list going. That is our number one score form our number one trip, an almost brand new University of Puget Sound sweat shirt. If you know the owner I will return it but until then it fits. We hope to make one pick up per trip. Now everyone knows our dirty little secret. :-)
Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #17

Oregon
D Davis: thanks we love it too. Need to name her/him. I suppose trailers are female like boats. Also need some cute slogan for the back. Husband fighting me non this one. Ha!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #18

New York
We usually have Road Kill around here, but yesterday I picked up some kind of sports shirt in the road in front of our house. I tied it on a road sign thinking the owner may see it. Last week while cutting the grass along the road I found RM [Road Money], a 10 dollar bill, it went through the mower but was still in one piece!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Becky B you have made some good improvements and Dave too. When I got the trailer it had stinky carpeting which I removed. Their was no stove or propane tank. The stove came out of a 75 ECO. The U-Haul came with a black plastic sink and a gold facet. I thought a stainless steel sink and chrome facet looked better. Their was no front dinette. The cushions came from Costco. Panther RV in Vancouver made the table and supplied the leg. I added the LED tail lights for better visibility. I am glad you liked the paint on the bumper and wheels. The color is Woods Mower Gold.
Enjoy,
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #20

Oregon
Deb and Chuck,
Thanks for the info. We were going to ask you the color in case of touch ups. We are so glad you made those improvements. I can't imagine what it must have looked like before. Hope to see you at a gathering someday. PS What brand was the paint? Woods? Where can we purchase it?