Pictures of Improvements made - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2006, 01:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
We had a great time Camping this past year and right from the first trip out I knew we would need some improvments and kept a growing list in my head and did bits at a time.
The only thing I had done on our first trip way back in April of 06, was install a Battery inside the camper and with the help of all on-line friends got it right, but during that first rainy weekend the need for exhast fan and a major rewire job needed to be done. A few other added feature are welded stabalizer jacks, upper bunk railing and shelves in closet.
Enjoy the slide show.
Gerry
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/can...&interval=3
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
We had a great time Camping this past year and right from the first trip out I knew we would need some improvments and kept a growing list in my head and did bits at a time.
The only thing I had done on our first trip way back in April of 06, was install a Battery inside the camper and with the help of all on-line friends got it right, but during that first rainy weekend the need for exhast fan and a major rewire job needed to be done. A few other added feature are welded stabalizer jacks, upper bunk railing and shelves in closet.
Enjoy the slide show.
Gerry
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/can...&interval=3
Hi: Thanks for the pic's... The one thing I havn't done yet is try to organize the wiring mess in the cupboard...it seems a little flimsy to say the least!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:24 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Boler and 1980 Trillium 5500
Those winter vent covers and floor racks are great - nice job! Alec
Al Stansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Gerry, we have twin Bolers. 1979, or 80, right? Now I understand the ghost stripe on mine.

We had that same tangle of wires. There were some very scary capacitors wired under the sink too. Did your's have those?

How's the roof doing holding the weight of the AC? I'm pretty sure mine wouldn't hold one.

Any idea what those snaps on the side of the closet are for? Magazine holder?

If you get a chance I'd love to have a picture or two of the back sliding window lock set up. The whole sliding portion was missing on mine (along with all the other window glass). I've made something that works but I'm not too happy with it.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Gerry, we have twin Bolers. 1979, or 80, right? Now I understand the ghost stripe on mine.
HI Lizbeth, yea mine is an 80 and I got it Fall of 05.
Those snaps on the closet but I like the idea of magazine rack made out of cloth so as not to ram your knees into it upon entereing or exiting.

I have the slide window in the rear but it has no lock system on it and we never open it. When we bought the camper this window was a mess with silicone all over it.
I mean all over the outside of the frame, inside the frame and even around the plexiglass where it went into the grove of the frame.
You couldn't even close the window tight.
The whole problem was they had siliconed the weep holes on outside of frame and water would build up and leak in.
After getting all the silicone off I put a nice bead on outside edge of frame and it has given me no problem but still it being plexiglass in a curved frame we don't bother with it and get all the air we need with the fan and side windows open.
For a lock we place a stick from slideing window back across the botom of inside of frame and wedge it to end of frame.
I also had no capacitors under sink.
What do they go to?
The AC unit was on unit when we got it and previous owner was from Florida so the Colman 1200 has been on the road for a good many miles. there is a slite sag but no cracks even in the gel coat.
Now I am in the process of restoring an old 1977 Amerigo slide in Camper.
See :
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=21821
Then check out the pictures of this dinosoure.
Gerry

Gerry
Old 11-02-2006, 12:43 AM   #6

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
The capacitors weren't hooked up to anything. We think they were to run the heater.

We also redid all the propane lines to gain cabinet space. Whoever originally routed all the wiring and lines sure ruined quite a bit of storage space. All of our wiring and new converter is set up in the front street side cubby. The old converter was scary and weighed a ton, it was located behind the wire tangle on the wheel well. Does your's have a converter?
Old 11-02-2006, 04:56 AM   #7

Quote:
The capacitors weren't hooked up to anything. We think they were to run the heater.
Does your's have a converter?
If the caacitors are not hooked up I would trash them into my parts bin in basement.
See picture on slide show title "Big Re-wire Job"
That is my converter, that huge shiny silver box on left.
Trouble is the controls for converter is ether next to your feet or head while sleeping on bed. Due to the constant hum of the coverter I put my feet at that end and even if I accidentaly Kick the on-off button there is no big deal.
I plan to make a cover this winter for it.
It takes up most of this cubby but all that is in the 9 inch space is the drain for sink and the pigtail and switch box for the 120v line commeing in.
Originaly it had the 15 odd feet of the heavy cable to run the converter jammed into this space too but I cut this off, rewired new plug ends and now it is just long enough to reach outside of trailer wall.
I made an extention cord out of the remaining wire and can coil this up and put it in what ever bay I want to designate, front cubby clossest to door, as my Trailer Utilitys bay where all wires, hoses, wheel chocks, turck mirrors and jacks are stored.
Gerry