Pictures of our 1983 13' Scamp after our refit - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #1

Name: Jon
Trailer: 1983 13' Scamp
Massachusetts
Pictures of our 1983 13' Scamp after our refit

Here are a few photos of all the work we have put into our Scamp over the winter https://picasaweb.google.com/Jon.Tur...eat=directlink

Lots of changes and what we think are improvements. We still have the battery box to finish, some wiring and black trim to put on.
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Outstanding
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #3

Name: Brian
Trailer: Scamp
South Carolina
Registry
Very nice!What did you use to cover the seams in the ensolite?
Brian Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #4

Massachusetts
We used the single sided foam tape from Scamp. We ended up having to apply contact cement to get it to stay put though.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #5

Name: Dan
Trailer: popup currently, I feel dirty ;-)
Colorado
Looks fantastic!
LurkerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:28 PM   #6

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
The front table is great. It looks like you put a lot of time into designing it. I like the kitchen also.
DannyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:46 AM   #7

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry

Name:   026.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  2.4 KB

Name:   027.JPG
Views: 419
Size:  3.2 KB

Name:   031.JPG
Views: 419
Size:  3.3 KB

Name:   035.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  3.4 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	70606736_Cool1.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	36280 Looking GREAT
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #8

Name: Paul
Trailer: 13' Boler 1977
Ontario
got any detailed pics of the cool front dinnet/table thingy you made there, ???

looking to do the same, but i am a little nervouse, but i like how you covered the old tab for the upper bunk, .......

if you got more details lets see em!!!
pbraunton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #9

Massachusetts
We are currently not near the camper but will be on Friday, I will try and rememmber to take some more pictures and post them. I am ok working with wood/fiberglass but it was a pretty simple design, jump on in!

The upper bunk tab provided an anchor point for the shelf/table and became a little shelf. We plan on sticking some simple keepsakes there to make it more like home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbraunton View Post
got any detailed pics of the cool front dinnet/table thingy you made there, ???

looking to do the same, but i am a little nervouse, but i like how you covered the old tab for the upper bunk, .......

if you got more details lets see em!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #10

Ontario
well I am in the process of a pretty major door reshaping/refiberglassing/rewindowing, .........I added an internat aluminum frame to it, almost back together, ....bondo and painting is next......

than i will move onto the front dinette, but the first camping trip is coming fast so i would rather put it back in how it was for the first trip, then start the front reno when we are back, .......but i like the built in magazine rack specifically,

did your trailer already have the frame enforcements for the front dinette?, cause mine does not, so i will either have to put them in, or build on top of the raised section of flooring, .....I am thinking of putting it on top of the raised section, making the seats the same 24" high as the main seating area, .....then just making the table to match, only issue is the tab on the main table is slightly lower than the tab at the front???,

this is also a reason i liked your front table cause it drops down slightly from the front tab, ........making it at a proper height for a table, ............

thanks for taking pics when you get a chance.......
Old 05-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #11

Massachusetts
Ok, I think I might have had it easier than you would. The front of the scamp was in 2 levels. The center section was the same as the main floor and the seats were rasied up about 6 inches. I cut the original bench seat and removed the center section the glassed new ends on each side for the seats. The shelf is fastened to the floor and the tab from the original bunk bed. The table is also removable and fits to make a bench for another bunk if we ever need it. I made the table the same height as the rear table and it works well for 2 people.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #12

Ontario
HA, yeah did you have to raise up the original bench in order to have proper height seats??, the tabs at the front seem a little low to make good seat with the raised floor??

i am drawing it out right now, and i will either have to add new tabs for the new seats, or create a support from underneath which would eat into the storage space......, or else the new seats would not have anything supporting them in the side of the wall?? going to measure again, ........I might be wrong though, but i think the exsisting tabs are too low!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #13

Ontario
just measured, the tabs at the front are only 9" off the raised front floor, but the rear tabs are 13.5 inches off the raised rear floor, .........so

like i said earlier I have to either add new tabs, or support the new seats somehow???

opinion on which would be easier?????
Old 05-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #14

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
looks fantastic!! excellent job...love those glass kitchen tiles.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #15

Massachusetts
I would probably add the tabs, I use a lot of that pink insulation board to make molds for fiberglass. It forms well and is quick to do. You can apply the glass right over the foam and them once cured just pry the foam off. Tabs are nice as I think they add some strength and are light weight. I actually removed all the rivets that held on the fiberglass cabinets and tabbed them on. Stronger and no leaks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbraunton View Post
just measured, the tabs at the front are only 9" off the raised front floor, but the rear tabs are 13.5 inches off the raised rear floor, .........so

like i said earlier I have to either add new tabs, or support the new seats somehow???

opinion on which would be easier?????
Old 05-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #16

Name: Charlotte
Trailer: 16'Scamp w/side dinette
Ohio
Wow, I never cease to be amazed at the talent everyone on this site has in the renovation and decorating of their little trailers. Your Scamp looks so comfortable, love the kitchen, the cabinets, and the table, just beautiful.
Cabs in ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #17

Name: Kristopher
Trailer: 197x Boler
British Columbia
What paint and color is that. Looks like the Interlux ocean blue I was looking at using myself.
Sleeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:43 AM   #18

Massachusetts
The paint is a single stage urethane acrylic from Summit Racing call bright aqua pearl. It needs to be sprayed and this was my first attempt. It did not turn out as well as I had hoped and one day I will spray on another coat. The paint and supplied cost about $250.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:32 PM   #19

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Wow, love the combo table/magazine rack! The best part is NO support pole to get in the way. What do you charge to custom make one for a cute little UHaul 13
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:08 AM   #20

Massachusetts
I have just uploaded some more detailed pictures of the front table to the Picasa web album, the link is on the original post. All the table hardware I got at Home Depot.

Tags
scamp