pl premium cupboards to the wal ??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: boler
canada n.s
pl premium cupboards to the wal ???

hey boler people ! im about to get all my inside fiberglass things painted ( cupboards seats closet ect ) and im thinking about how im going to put it all back in .. i hate rivets so i came up with the idea of just glue-ing them right to the wall of the egg with pl premium... i have experience with pl premium and i know how strong the stuff is. its like supper mega glue . has anyone done anything like this before ?
farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I wouldn't use it to depend on it holding up cabinets. There are epoxies for fiberglass but if you want to go that route...then rough up the fiberglass and lay up some cloth and epoxy and do it right. Then its permanent... or find out what epoxy they used at ParkLiner to glue in the overhead compartments.... the pl premium is good stuff but i wouldn't depend on it by itself

Deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #3

Name: Ryan
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 16- side bath
Virginia
I'd suggest you glue/epoxy some wood blocks to the interior of the shell, then screw the cabinets onto those.

What if some unforeseen event occurs and you need to removed something? Having it permanently glued would be a huge issue.

Look up Robert Johan's post where he installs cabinets on blocks.

PL premium is super strong-- but I would not glue any actual cabinets/benches directly to my trailer shell.
Ryan P R is offline   Reply With Quote