Porta potty under front bench seat - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #21

Name: phil
Trailer: 1973 trillium
Ontario
Registry
If you guys are serious about having an insert for your porta potty (it should be the same model as mine) I can see what I can do about making a few. The more that are interested, the less expensive they can be.

Thanks again
PhillyPhixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #22

Name: Willis
Trailer: Beachcomber B15
Kelowna, B.C. Canada
Registry
I am interested, Only question I have is, would it work on the curb side of the trailer? I just cant tell if the complete unit is one piece, Or it is an insert that could be spun around and built in on either side, like a drop in bathtub.
willisworms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #23

Ontario
Registry
Hi Willisworms
Unfortunately, I don`t think so..at least what I have is made to the shape of the Trill floor and wall.I expect your beachcomer shape is "boxyer" and may not fit so good. It gives me the idea that if enough are interested that I could re design it a bit more generic so that it could and flip from right side to left as well as fit more models.
The reason for putting it in the left hand corner was to make use of the cabinet as part of the privacy wall (hard to see in these pics). Also, close to the edge so there was more ceiling room and clear the overhead fiberglass shelf.

If you can send me pics of the front structure with a few nominal dimensions, I could access feasiblity.
Thanks and happy crapping....I mean camping...
Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #24

Ontario
Registry
more pics...

I found more pics on construction. Hope it helps
Attached Thumbnails
construction.gif   privacy-board.gif  

Attached Images

Old 06-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #25

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
That is very impressive! Just one more question. Where does the floor drain go?
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #26

Ontario
Registry
Thanks Dave

It has a 90 degree elbow to the outside very close to the frame. This trailer never came with a grey water tank, so I just put a big drain pan under it in areas that require it. I also wrapped a screen around it to keep the insects out.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #27

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Very nice work!!

I'd love to put the potty and shower in the same place in my 13' Scamp, but because the floor is 6" higher under the front seats, and with the curved in ceiling I need to shower in between the front seats (I use a plastic tub on the floor, shower curtains from the ceiling.) I redesigning my front seats now, wood, but styled to match the fiberglass moldings, rounded edges, etc. I have a similar porta potty.
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #28

Ontario
Registry
Thanks

I would like to see how yours came out. The ceiling is somewhat low in ours as well. I am 5' 8" and my head just clears the ceiling and is up against the shelf while standing...still better than trekking out in a wet ,cold , mosquito infested campground only to find the smelly outdoor toilet is occupied....
Old 06-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #29

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Great job looks very professional .
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #30

Ontario
Registry
Thanks Tim
Old 06-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #31

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Great fiberglass work.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #32

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
I've got the design all but finalized and a list of most parts/dimensions. Now I just have to find someplace in Albuquerque to have the plywood wood cut. I'll assemble, but I don't have a table saw and don't want to make a mess or take the time to do it with a jog saw. I think I can cut the trim/moldings myself.

The shower configuration won't change much from how I've been using it, but I want to get some better way of hanging the shower curtains, those look a little cobbled together as they are. I'm about 5' 11 and showering is fine, but even in the middle there's not a lot of headroom for washing your hair, I need to bend the knees a bit when lathering the top of the head. Eventually, I might want to put in fiberglass/plastic floor between the seats and a real drain in the floor, but you'd be surprised how well the plastic tub works, a bit of a pain to empty it into the sink, but only take a minute. A bit harder if I take a real long one and fill it up more.

But I don't think I can match the finished professional look of your fiberglass handiwork, inspiring. At some point I'll have to try to make something out of fiberglass.
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote