Power Centre rebuild on '84 Bigfoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2015, 08:47 AM   #1

Name: Rick
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
Power Centre rebuild on '84 Bigfoot

We bought our Bigfoot used about 10 years ago and I remember the seller telling me that the Power Centre failed and he modified it. It never has been a big concern as we never use powered sites.

But now I want to fix up the Bigfoot for possible sale and I would like to get the Power Centre working properly or else replace it and I am hoping for some help.

I am attaching some photos and it appears the previous owner put in a switch, I'm guessing to bypass the solenoid in the unit but the plastic near the contacts has melted so I don't think that was a good idea.

I would really like to begin by rewiring the unit to the original state and then putting a little effort into fixing it, but I will likely have to replace it.

I am hoping someone might have photos or a schematic to help me get this back to the original state. For example, what was on the panel where that switch (red circle) is?

Thanks for any help.

Rick

Click image for larger version

Name:	panel.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	86445

Name:	topview.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	86446

Name:	plate.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	86447
threepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:35 AM   #2

Name: Gerry
Trailer: Triple E
British Columbia
Try searching for the manufacturer online. I have had fairly good success obtaining wiring diagrams,etc. for items on my RV, even though it is 1981

Gerry
Gerry Kiernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #3

Name: Gardnpondr
Trailer: 1985 BigFoot G
Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by threepine View Post
We bought our Bigfoot used about 10 years ago and I remember the seller telling me that the Power Centre failed and he modified it. It never has been a big concern as we never use powered sites.

But now I want to fix up the Bigfoot for possible sale and I would like to get the Power Centre working properly or else replace it and I am hoping for some help.

I am attaching some photos and it appears the previous owner put in a switch, I'm guessing to bypass the solenoid in the unit but the plastic near the contacts has melted so I don't think that was a good idea.

I would really like to begin by rewiring the unit to the original state and then putting a little effort into fixing it, but I will likely have to replace it.

I am hoping someone might have photos or a schematic to help me get this back to the original state. For example, what was on the panel where that switch (red circle) is?

Thanks for any help.

Rick

Attachment 86445

Attachment 86446

Attachment 86447

That's the same floor covering mine has. I just ripped out the carpet that was over it. Mine is a 85 but was made in 84 but paperwork says 85. ???
Gardnpondr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #4

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Kiernan View Post
Try searching for the manufacturer online. I have had fairly good success obtaining wiring diagrams,etc. for items on my RV, even though it is 1981

Gerry
Thanks Gerry. The company does not seem to have a web presence although I have found a phone number for them in Winnipeg. I may try to call them on Monday.

Rick
Old 07-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #5

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardnpondr View Post
That's the same floor covering mine has. I just ripped out the carpet that was over it. Mine is a 85 but was made in 84 but paperwork says 85. ???
I believe mine is an 84 made in 83. Do you have the same Power Centre?
Old 08-02-2015, 12:21 AM   #6

Name: gucho
Trailer: bigfoot
British Columbia
my power center looks a lot like that one. what do you need?
gucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 05:20 PM   #7

Alberta
I just revisited this old thread I originated and see that I didn't reply to the last post, my apologies for missing the question.

Tags
bigfoot