Professional Exterior Painting in Vancouver? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #1

Name: Lisa
Trailer: '74 Boler
British Columbia
Professional Exterior Painting in Vancouver?

Hello.

Can anyone recommend a place/person that does a nice exterior paint job in Vancouver? Just bought a 74 Boler. The body is in fine shape and already has paint on it. I'm just not digging the colours.

I know, I know, I should consider doing it myself (especially given the gazillion threads here with wonderful advice on the ease and cost effectiveness of doing so), but I want to price it out first and see if it's a viable (financial) option.

Anyone know anyone who does this work well for a reasonable setback?

Thanks!
lisalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Well, IMHO, you do get what you pay for. Anyone can splash some paint around with decent results. If you're not too picky, any job will look good.
A 'professional' ANYTHING is going to co$t ya. How much you are prepared to pay depends on the quality of the work you'd like to see done on your trailer.
Almost any body shop will paint it for you, some will ask you IF you are prepared to do any of the 'prep work' yourself. If you can do this its going to be a cheaper paint job. IF you are REALLY picky about paint (jobs) seek out a custom car or boat repair shop. One that specializes in working with fiberglass would be ideal but not a necessity....
Attached Thumbnails
Copy of plymouth n trailer1.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #3

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
I have been trying to convince my guy that our little Ventura would look better if we cleaned up the outside. I thought maybe - hose it down and give it a good scrubbing and a wax job. Now I read paint - people paint 'em too?

Tell me more before we release the camper from its winter nest. Once in the driveway 'something' needs to happen!
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #4

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Good point Hazel!!

Why not start the season off with just that, a real good clen up, live with that a season or two, THEN decide if a paint job is in order.

THEN try n decide on a colour!!! LOL!!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Lisa, first change your profile... it currently says "Trailer: In the Market" Be LOUD and PROUD! You'd be surprised how much a good scrubbing and waxing will improve the looks of your new-to-you 1974 Boler. And really, a fancy paint job or shiny exterior will not make that much difference to the memories you're going to make when you actually use it. Like Doug says, "THEN try n decide ..." you may find Red Max (or other finish) is all you need.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft 1985
Registry
Sharing My Expreiance Words of warning

Yes, do the de-oxadizing and polishing thing first, but if that is too much work, etc, or you just want it easy to clean and looking better get it painted - BUT - when you look for a paint shop be sure they are experts in fiberglass work. Ask around, go see the various places, etc. Think through if you want them to take our your windows. I think they will remove the door, rock guard and all the lights. Get new gaskets put in behind your lights and any other place you have gaskets! The shop that did mine sand blasted and painted the rims, hitch, bumpers and undercarrage too. It looks really nice. I am taking my Little Darlin' to an Amish man near by to have a new spare tire cover and a A/C cover made. My camper is now creamy tan with black rims, hitch, frame and windows. See below...
I got my '84U Haul painted in the fall and had a major problem. The paint job is fine but my thriil has worn thing as the shop owner took off the vinyl cover for the center flange, where the two half join together, threw it away and can't find a replacement.... I have been on here looking and have found what i think will work. It is thru Scamp, Bless that man. It comes in white and black. The trim in question goes from center bottom front to center bottom back so will be obvious. No tan available so I am thinking of black, getting some of the original U haul graphics and adding black graphics to help blend it all together. Sure wish some of you were closer for opinions.
J.S.Lahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I painted a Compact Jr from top to bottom with Topside Marine Paint. You roll it on and brush the roller marks. After 3 coats the trailer looked like it was sprayed. I used 2 quarts at $30.00 each and some supplies.
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #8

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Ken h had posted that he took his trailer project to:

the shop that is doing the work the k.m.s paint shop. They are right beside k.m.s. tools in Coquitlam
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #9

Trailer: 1976 Surfside
I would not go back, I would look some where different. They did paint my trailer but there was some problems. That is all I am going to say.

I hope this note is helpful
Ken
ken h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
painting