I've bought a 1977 Scamp
13 in need of TLC from a forum member last month. It's been extremely hot here in NC, and with no AC in my garage I was unable to do anything. Last weekend was surprisingly mild, so I could finally get started on the first project: rear floor replacement.
This is the floor when I first got the trailer.
I removed the patch to see the damage.
It's pretty bad, as expected.
The soft part came out easily. I first considered leaving this good part and only replacing the part that was bad, but changed my mind as I figured I might as well do it right.
The previous owner left a piece of plywood that was used as a template to make a front floor. I glued pieces of cardboard on it to make a template for the rear floor.
I put primer on the frame while it was accessible. I then dry-fitted the new floor. Perfect fit.
I then attached the floor after raising the shell 1/4" so it wasn't leaning on the frame.
Next I cleaned with acetone, sanded, and cleaned with acetone again all surfaces that would come in contact with epoxy.
I used Loctite Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive to glue the floor to the metal between the dance floor and the rear floor. I mixed West Systems 105 Epoxy Resin + 206 Slow Hardener + 406 Filler to peanut butter consistency the attach the floor to the bottom lip of the shell. I then weighted the floor down to let it cure.
Next I'll rebuild the top lip with fiberglass, and the floor project will be done.