Q for Hunter Compact-II Owners - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #1

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Q for Hunter Compact-II Owners

When I got my 1973 Compact-II the front window guard was not attached. It has two mounting brackets, one for each end, but there are also about 7 holes across the front above the window and it looks like something else has to go there before the brackets. Can anyone with this window guard tell me what's missing? Or, better yet, post a pic of how everything is attached above the window.
Many Thanks.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Maybe the hinge on the rock guard?
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
When I got my 1973 Compact-II the front window guard was not attached. It has two mounting brackets, one for each end, but there are also about 7 holes across the front above the window and it looks like something else has to go there before the brackets. Can anyone with this window guard tell me what's missing? Or, better yet, post a pic of how everything is attached above the window.
Many Thanks.
Here's a 1975 front window guard...
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0064.JPG  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #4

Thank You Floyd. That looks like mine.
Me thinks that the two "Pivots" I have are actually the side lock downs and the entire top hinge is missing. Now I know what to look for.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #5

Name: Cynthia
Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Arizona
I just bought a 1973 Hunter Compact II. It has a little evaporative cooler on the roof. Does anyone have any experience with these types of coolers? Are they effective? Anyone have any experience with winter camping with these trailers? I don't think there is a heater. Can you safely use a small portable heater?
cmalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #6

Evaporative coolers only work when the humidity is well below 50%. This is why they are popular in the derert climes. In addition, all of the water that they use is pumped back inside your trailer and can lead to mold and other moisture damage if you are not careful.
We use a small Coleman LP Heater or a 1200 watt electric heater when hooked up. We also have a furnace, but it will cook you out of a Hunter in about 5 minutes when turned on.