I finally went out to start the tranformatin of Buttercup. -last week. first really pretty day and I showed up draging the box of tools. problem right off. none of the screwdrivers fit. those crazy people put screws with square holes. all mine were flat or phillips. poo.
two days ago, started again, new shinny kit with all sizes of funny screwdrivers. thank heaven I bought the set. two sizes of square ones, two sizes a flats and a phillip have been used so far (I think the carpenter used one kind, the electrician used another and then there is the other owners) plus a drill, hammer and pry bar for those rusted in ones.
I envisioned taking out six screws per cabinet moving cabinet to new spot and reinstalling. wrong. they were built in place. everything had to be torn down. but I found wood that crumbled and splintered. AND the rug stinks. to get the rug out I have to take out every little thing
. but the best surprise was the insulation. it looks almost new. only problems are the stain from the windows
. should clean easily.
next, I tackle the sink and ref. I love tearing things apart. hope I love putting it back.