Recovering Cabinet Doors - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2006, 03:03 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
I'm not a big fan of the "wood look" doors which are factory installed from Scamp. Well, they make a self adhesive vinal lyner typically used to cover old looking refrigerators. Since I was not really found of the typicaly white look on my fridge, I gave it a try. Looks great. I found myself with lots of extra vinal. Just for kicks I cut a swatch the exact size of one of my cabinet doors (not the entire size as I left out the demensions of the beveled part), and stuck it over the ugly wood look. It looks great!! I went back to Lowes and purchased one additional roll ($6) and covered all of my cabinet doors and my cat. I can't recall the manufacturer of the product at this time but will provide an update next week when I return home. Keep in mind you don't need to use the same brand. Any contact paper or wall paper (don't forget your 3m Spray Adhesive) will suffice.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0998s.jpg   IMG_0995s.jpg  

IMG_0997s.jpg  
LeBoutillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Quote:
I'm not a big fan of the "wood look" doors which are factory installed from Scamp. Well, they make a self adhesive vinal lyner typically used to cover old looking refrigerators. Since I was not really found of the typicaly white look on my fridge, I gave it a try. Looks great. I found myself with lots of extra vinal. Just for kicks I cut a swatch the exact size of one of my cabinet doors (not the entire size as I left out the demensions of the beveled part), and stuck it over the ugly wood look. It looks great!! I went back to Lowes and purchased one additional roll ($6) and covered all of my cabinet doors and my cat. I can't recall the manufacturer of the product at this time but will provide an update next week when I return home. Keep in mind you don't need to use the same brand. Any contact paper or wall paper (don't forget your 3m Spray Adhesive) will suffice.
That looks SOOOO much nicer!

- Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Looks great!!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:37 PM   #4

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
I went back to Lowes and purchased one additional roll ($6) and covered all of my cabinet doors and my cat.
Does the vinyl help keep the cat from shedding?

Sorry... couldn't help m'self... going to my room now...

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Does the vinyl help keep the cat from shedding?

Sorry... couldn't help m'self... going to my room now...

Roger
Yes, it truly helps (just wanted to make sure everyone was paying attention)
Old 03-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Looks great! Is it a contact paper? I don't see any wrinkles (and I know I would not get a smooth look like that). You did a great job

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler
Send a message via ICQ to Jollean Send a message via MSN to Jollean
I would be interested in knowing how you got it so smooth as well. I have some super ugly cuboards and that looks sharp!
Jollean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:33 PM   #8

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Quote:
I would be interested in knowing how you got it so smooth as well. I have some super ugly cuboards and that looks sharp!
GREAT air conditioning! LOL!

- Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:59 PM   #9

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
I would really like to know all about this vinyl. Brand name, size, cost, colours etc.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Looks great! Is it a contact paper? I don't see any wrinkles (and I know I would not get a smooth look like that). You did a great job
Its more like "vinal paper" with a textured finish. It was easy to adhere without wrinkles.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #11

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
that looks mahvahlus!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote