Redoing door trim. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2021, 09:36 PM   #1

Name: Allison
Trailer: Scamp
Montana
Redoing door trim.

Has anyone ever used this product ? https://www.scamptrailers.com/product/rib-door-seal I am wondering where to place it as there is a wide area and the directions just say the rib flap goes to the outside of the door. Does anyone have pics
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ture14911.jpeg Sorry I am new and not sure how to edit pics
Alliscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 09:17 AM   #2

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
I just bought this item from Scamp last month. What I received was the hollow style.

I installed it after marking (pencil) the outside edge of the door onto the body opening. Then I installed the seal inside of that mark, on the body, with the appendage pointing outward.
steve67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 09:56 AM   #3

Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve67 View Post
I just bought this item from Scamp last month. What I received was the hollow style.

I installed it after marking (pencil) the outside edge of the door onto the body opening. Then I installed the seal inside of that mark, on the body, with the appendage pointing outward.
Do you have a pic? I installed mine and could still see light through so I have a call into camp with pics
Old 08-18-2021, 11:00 AM   #4

Name: You can't call me Al
Trailer: SOLD: 1977 Scamp 13'
Massachusetts
I installed mine on the camper-side like this and it works quite well even though my door is pretty warped after 44 years.

Of course this photo is rotated strangely.
The left-side is supposed to be the top of the door.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6408.jpg  
AlanKilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 01:50 PM   #5

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
I installed mine just like Allen did.

Seeing some light is a difficult issue to avoid since these doors have bend in them. Mine shows some light along the bottom but is doesn't leak rain there so I'm okay with it. If that were on the top or sides (especially the hinge side when driving in the rain) that would be a problem.

Adjustments would need to be made by perhaps adding a thin layer of rubber to the door, where it meets the seal, to fill the gap.
steve67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 05:31 PM   #6

Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanKilian View Post
I installed mine on the camper-side like this and it works quite well even though my door is pretty warped after 44 years.

Of course this photo is rotated strangely.
The left-side is supposed to be the top of the door.
Wow, your back edge flips up. Did you have to do that. Mine is down which may be the problem

Tags
scamp