Reflex in UHaul - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #1

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Reflex in UHaul

Has anyone put reflex in the nooks and crannies of their UHaul. What should I watch out for? Trying to get out camping around Moab next month and the weather can still be below freezing so I'm looking to add some insulation. Ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I put some carpet pad in the storage spaces, but it was so that any items put in there wouldn't rub and damage the outer wall. We are having water leakage problems into some spaces so until that issue is resolved we can't leave the pad in there. We haven't used the furnace, just an electric heater which has kept us nice & warm.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I have added reflectix above and inside my cabinets above the sink and also in the closet. You can push it into the cavities from there. I also glued it along the headliner area and then covered it with a grasscloth material (instead of the carpet). In all honesty, it hasn't reeally helped much. Unless you can install it in an unbroken film, the cold air will work its way around it. Its just the nature of things. Same way as if you don't have your attic fully insulated, the cold just works its way through any cracks. My heater can keep the trailer warm, but it does not maintain the heat as well as my girlfriend's Scamp does (which has the insulation / ratfur combo glued all over the inside walls). Would be nice if there was a way to get a foam insulation in there, but too much chance of blowing the hulls apart when it expands.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul