reinstalling fixtures - need input please - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #1

Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1973 Love Bug '13
Florida
Registry
reinstalling fixtures - need input please

Preparing furniture/fixtures to reinstall into 13' Love Bug. We are midway through our off frame rebuild. Considering options for reinstalling fixtures. Although rivets were used in original construction we are looking at our options. Blocking has been discussed in a number of threads.

Has anyone ever glassed the fixtures directly to the inside of the shell prior to installation of wall covering? If so, what are your thoughts?

If you see downsides to this option, I request your input. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cathy
Cat futrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
That's how my Trillium is made. The up side is a more rigid structure and no popped rivets. The down side is once done, removal will be a major project. If I ever have to replace my floor I am in for a much bigger job than drilling a few rivets to remove the benches. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #3

Florida
Registry
Raz,

Thanks for that info. We are replacing the floor now. Hopefully floor replacement won't be necessary in my lifetime.

Cathy
Old 09-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #4

Florida
Registry
Raz,

How is the wall covering situated in your trillium? Is the same material used inside the cabinets or as the rest of the cabin?

Cathy
Old 09-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Our Trillium uses a vinyl ( kinda like nauga hide) with a foam backing to insulate. It ends at the furniture. Inside the cabinets they use a material similar to fleece. In the bench storage areas there is no covering. On later models they used the same material as the closets to eliminate the splinters that bare fiberglass walls produce. Based on what I have read here, if I had to cover walls I would seriously consider marine fabric (rat fur). A while back I stumbled across this site you might find interesting. Lots of fabric choices. Raz

Sailrite.com | Home
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #6

Florida
Registry
Thanks again, I will check that out.