Removing and replacing rivets in Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #1

Name: Joe
Trailer: owner 2003 16' Scamp
Washington
Removing and replacing rivets in Scamp

First post. We just purchased a 2003 16' Scamp. Basically in great shape but there are (of course) a few things to be done. I want to remove the door holdback and replace with a new one. The rivets, I have been told, are aluminum so I should be able to drill them out easily. The question is in how to handle the fact that the inside wall is fabric covered and I am wondering about dealing with the "dead" rivet pieces under the fabric. Any thoughts?
As this is our first trailer I am sure I will be on this site frequently.
Joe Fackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I would let the dead rivet RIP. You should be able to shove them inside the shell so you could insert a new rivet. They will live/RIP between the shell and the reflectix or in the reflectix. The old rivet will usually lay sideways and not be much taller than your new rivet head. You will be the only person who knows you are hauling around four dead rivets in you trailer.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp