To begin the process of removing the coach from the trailer frame, I first removed all of the electrical
wiring and gas lines that connected through the floor. My coach was fastened to the trailer using lag bolts. The bolts heads were a mess, so i decided to cut all of the bolts from underneath. I used a sawzall and was able to slide the blade between the floor and the frame and cut off all the bolts. I then removed the front and rear windows
of the coach and slid long boards all the way through from front to back. I then lifted each end of the boards using come alongs. (I am fortunate to have a barn with exposed rafters to use the lift the coach off the trailer. I then cut the floor away from the coach. The floor was fiber glassed to coach, so i used a grinder to cut through the fiberglass on the inside of the coach until i hit the wood floor. The wood was very rotten so i was able to pull the wood out from between the inner and outer shells of the coach.
The task of inserting the new floor into the grooves between the inner and outer shell took a while. I used some rope and a cam strap and cinched it down to get the coach to its orginal shape. The reason for this is that the gaps in the door need to be right before you measure and cut your new floor. The coach will not hold its shape without the help of a strap/rope. I then placed 3 4x8 plywood sheets on the trailer and lowered the coach down. I traced the outline of the coach on the plywood to give me a ruff estimate of where to cut. Once i fiddled with getting the 3 sections the proper shape and inserted into the coach, i mixed up small batches of resin and fiber glassed the plywood to the new floor on the inside and outside as well as the seams in the plywood sections. Once it was all finished, i lowered the coach with floor back onto the trailer. I used galvanized carriage bolts to hold it down. I also had extra supports welded into the trailer frame down the center to give more support to the floor.
I could then move on to fastening the inner shell of the coach to to floor. for this i choose stainless steel screws.
Replacing the floor was the hard part. I am now finishing up with patching the exterior where the vents were for the gas fride and range.... I am finished wiring the 12v system, the 110v system, and put in all new pumbing. Upholstered seat cushions are done and are waiting for me to put in the new cork floor. Only a few hours left and she will be ready for the road!