Replace Carpeting - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #1

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Replace Carpeting

I have a 1984 U-Haul CT 13 that I want to replace the carpeting in. Has anyone used the vinyl floor tiles, like those used in garages or the foam playmats? Looking for suggestions. Also wondering if anyone has a template or measurements that could be used before I take the old stuff out??
Thanks,
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Use what you are taking out as your template.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #3

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
Hi Patti,
as part of my prep for my complete renovation of my CT 13, i found an industrial flooring company that specializes in all kinds of flooring applications for everything from gyms to kitchens and playrooms to laboratories. there are similar materials you can get at Harbor Freight or Costco - but i dont think they will endure the heavy usage we intend.

a lot of it can be purchased by the roll/per foot (at typically 48" widths). and you can even choose between 3 or 6 mm. i have seen this stuff in fitness centers everywhere and since my wife and i are into diving and surfing and mountain biking ... i like the idea of a durable but still soft(er) floor surface. cutting it to one large piece means we can take the whole thing out to wash down after a big trip - and after seeing what was under the old carpet mine had, this gives me peace of mind. going for the thinner version will help me keep the weight of the flooring to a minimum while still having a highly functional floor. i will likely also use it for the overhead strip too, for aesthetics (i like the space station look!). i am going with the 'coin-grip' texture that i see so often. not sure if this is useful for you but i thought i'd chime in.

Rubber-Cal - A Comprehensive Source for Sheet Rubber, Rubber Mats, Rubber Flooring.

whats nice is they will send you samples of whichever styles you are interested in so you can see and feel the real deal before you commit to anything.
Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler
Registry
I just used 12" sticky tiles from Rona Building centre. I did a black and white checker design and love it. It's been a year and everything is holding up nicely. I was a little worried about it coming up during the winter but it is in tip top shape still. Nice thing about these is it was so easy to do it. Basically a three beer project.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #5

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
I did one of my old trailers with some vinyl that looked like wood flooring, I got it at Home Depot. Its kinda like pergo flooring but in vinyl, it came out great and I think I have enough left over to do my 13. I think each piece is around 40" long by 6-10 inches wide, but I could be off on these measurements its been a couple of years. Check it out next time your by a Home Depot. Tim
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:23 AM   #6

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Thumbs up

Thanks Paul, I'm going to send for a sample.
Patti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Chet View Post
Hi Patti,
as part of my prep for my complete renovation of my CT 13, i found an industrial flooring company that specializes in all kinds of flooring applications for everything from gyms to kitchens and playrooms to laboratories. there are similar materials you can get at Harbor Freight or Costco - but i dont think they will endure the heavy usage we intend.

a lot of it can be purchased by the roll/per foot (at typically 48" widths). and you can even choose between 3 or 6 mm. i have seen this stuff in fitness centers everywhere and since my wife and i are into diving and surfing and mountain biking ... i like the idea of a durable but still soft(er) floor surface. cutting it to one large piece means we can take the whole thing out to wash down after a big trip - and after seeing what was under the old carpet mine had, this gives me peace of mind. going for the thinner version will help me keep the weight of the flooring to a minimum while still having a highly functional floor. i will likely also use it for the overhead strip too, for aesthetics (i like the space station look!). i am going with the 'coin-grip' texture that i see so often. not sure if this is useful for you but i thought i'd chime in.

Rubber-Cal - A Comprehensive Source for Sheet Rubber, Rubber Mats, Rubber Flooring.

whats nice is they will send you samples of whichever styles you are interested in so you can see and feel the real deal before you commit to anything.
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote