Replace carpeting in scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #1

Name: Tracey
Trailer: Scamp
Massachusetts
Replace carpeting in scamp

Hi! We have four dogs, so carpeting in the trailer is not so practical. Wanted to replace it with a colorful linoleum but was told that that product wouldn't work in a trailer due to temp changes, movement etc. Looking at a loose lay vinyl sheeting but am really disappointed in the 'natural' look of stone and wood designs available. Wondering what other kinds of products people have used and how successful they've been.
Thanks, Tracey.
TMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Oh wow Tracey, you name it... folks have used it. Bamboo, peel 'n stick tiles, loose vinyl, Marmoleum, Pergo, painted the floor with acrylic (which I think is totally cool because you can create the design!), and on and on. I know this doesn't answer your question specifically, but might expand your "floor" horizon!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #3

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
just a heads up on pergo type products,,,, some of it is real slick in stocking feet,,,,, don't ask how " 'ol lumpy head" knows this,,,just test first.

otherwise,,, its a small amount so you can pretty much use what ever you fancy. i even saw one with those rubber 1/2 inch thick, piece togther floor mats that come in multi color packs. bet my grand daughter wished we had that the night she flopped off the top bunk,
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #4

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Utah
Registry
Check out Allure at Home Depot. It's a floating floor, comes in both strip and squares. Several have used it in their trailers. I have it in my kitchen and bath at home.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #5

Name: Tracey
Trailer: Scamp
Massachusetts
Thanks everyone! Will let you know what we decide on!
TMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #6

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Putting in Allure now, painting the plywood underneath with polyurethane floor paint to seal it first.

I am curious how long it'll look like wood before it's starts to look like marred up fake flooring.
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Our allure has been in place with two people and two Rhodesian Ridgebacks for a year and still looks like new
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #8

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Ann in TO View Post
Our allure has been in place with two people and two Rhodesian Ridgebacks for a year and still looks like new
Now that is reassuring. Unless you constantly trim their claws, that's very impressive!
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp