Replace decals in N. TX? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2022, 10:32 AM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Replace decals in N. TX?

Our 2005 Bigfoot needs to have old decals removed and replaced. Any suggestions where to go where they do quality work at a reasonable price in the North TX area? I have a lead on company where we can order the decals but I dont know if a local shop will do the work.
Has anyone ordered decals/graphics online? If so, were you happy with the vendor?
Bhamm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 01:10 PM   #2

Name: Dick
Trailer: '15 17' LD Casita and '17 Tahoe LT
Texas
Give these guys a call. "Little Home on the Road". 972-854-6069. I had them repair a water leak on my Casita and they were prompt and reasonable. They work on appointments. Their shop is in north Ft. Worth in the small town of Haslet, Tx.
dmad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 03:22 PM   #3

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Truck graphics company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhamm1 View Post
Our 2005 Bigfoot needs to have old decals removed and replaced. Has anyone ordered decals/graphics online? If so, were you happy with the vendor?
Search your area for the local truck graphics company. They can do it all including any custom work you want done. I ordered Scamp decals from Scamp and shop cut and installed custom work (picture below was near Eau Claire, Wisconsin) More at https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/registry/3511/
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:04 PM   #4

Name: Leslie
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
I have ordered decals from Amazon and followed advice on YouTube videos regarding removing the old ones. Cautionary note: the color of the fiberglass under the old decals may be different than the color exposed to the sun and elements.
Leslie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 01:02 PM   #5

Name: Patti and Steve
Trailer: 06 Bigfoot 21FB,w/2015 GMC Sierra 2500 diesel.
Oregon
We had our 06 Bigfoot decals replaced by MV Boat & Rv detail in Salem Oregon. They did an excellent job.
simplehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 01:47 PM   #6

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
BOCI Character

Most sign shops that have vinyl cutting machines can take graphic images usually saved in an EPS file format and "print" them out. This is similar to a large scale "Cricut" cutter. This specific file format is easy to scale to almost any size. The font for "Bigfoot" depends on the year your trailer was made. I personally liked the "Brush 455" font that was used in the late 1980's to early 1990's. Doing it this way, you have the option of whatever colors are available. They can also help design some of the lines and swirls to create the existing patterns. I had an older Bigfoot 5th wheel trailer where I had that done and the final product looked fantastic compared to the old fading and cracked decals.
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 04:41 PM   #7

Name: Tony
Trailer: Boler
BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie14 View Post
I have ordered decals from Amazon and followed advice on YouTube videos regarding removing the old ones. Cautionary note: the color of the fiberglass under the old decals may be different than the color exposed to the sun and elements.
Not only that, but anywhere that the old decal adhesive is not covered by the new decal will always show even if you buff the fiberglass with cut polish. Ask me how I know.
Old 02-16-2022, 04:45 PM   #8

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ)
Texas Auto Accessories and Graphics in Garland did a great job on my Bigfoot. Call at 972-864-9000.
Phil Ruffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:48 AM   #9

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot 17
British Columbia
I'm just regurgitating from an earlier note by a member, but you can try Sunshine Autographics in BC. They are near the Bigfoot factory, and have many of the digital templates for the trailers. Most importantly, they reportedly were very helpful in providing a DIY set-up for the OP in the states.

I have an 89' that I want to do a similar finish/graphics refurbishing this summer, so want to contact this group myself later on.
That said, I also realize that good graphics shops in general are probably capable of almost anything these days and duplicating a stock faded decal may not be all that difficult. The 'science' around that industry and the plethora of quality/colours available is a bit overwhelming when it coming to choosing a path.
Bob T is offline   Reply With Quote