Replacement door window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2019, 10:49 AM   #1

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
Replacement door window

https://www.amazon.com/AP-Products-0...4527088&sr=8-3
Has anybody that has had to replace their door windows or just the window frame come across this product. My outside window frame had developed a crack and I was looking online to see about fixing it when I came across this replacement window, including the frame and a pulldown shade. I checked some YouTube videos and found out there are a bunch of people that have made this mod and are really happy with it. Having a tinted window that you can actually see out of is a real plus. I went ahead and ordered it and found it very easy to install and couldn't be happier with the results. The most time consuming part of the job was to clean the old silicone caulk off the door. Something I found out was that all the RV doors at least as far as I could tell have a standard size window from Casita's to the great big stick built trailes
Old 11-23-2019, 10:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I've seen a few of those, but I installed an EDWIN window in my door several years ago. Real tempered glass, aluminum frame, opening panel on the lower half. Built like a real window, not those plastic POS ones that they come with.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0001 (3).JPG   edwindoorwindow.JPG  

EDWINScreen2.JPG  
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:52 AM   #3

Texas
Registry
I looked up the Edwin door window and saw it on the Camping World web site for almost 300 bucks. It didn't have any reviews. On the same web site they have the Slim Shade tinted window with the built in shade that is about 120 bucks, 75 bucks on Amazon and over 90 reviews with about a 4 1/2 star rating. If your happy with your Edwin window fine but you shouldn't say anything else is a POS. After looking at the Edwin window I would still choose the Slim Shade tinted window because it had the features I was looking for. Tinted glass that you can actually see out of as compared to the original and a pull down shade for total privacy. The tinted window is tempered by the way.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:59 PM   #4

Oregon
Good window

I replaced my window, my original was fine, I just wanted the tint and shade feature. Very easy to install and I have been entirely satisfied. I got mine from amazon..fast shipping. Reasonable cost and decent window..win for me.
Leej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captleemo View Post
I looked up the Edwin door window and saw it on the Camping World web site for almost 300 bucks. It didn't have any reviews. On the same web site they have the Slim Shade tinted window with the built in shade that is about 120 bucks, 75 bucks on Amazon and over 90 reviews with about a 4 1/2 star rating. If your happy with your Edwin window fine but you shouldn't say anything else is a POS. After looking at the Edwin window I would still choose the Slim Shade tinted window because it had the features I was looking for. Tinted glass that you can actually see out of as compared to the original and a pull down shade for total privacy. The tinted window is tempered by the way.
Yes, they are ridiculously expensive now. I bought mine several years ago and paid maybe $170.00 for it, which I thought was reasonable for a tinted tempered glass aluminum framed and openable window of high quality. Not like the cheesy plastic frame/plastic crinkle finish window pane unit it came with.
Jumping ahead to today: Since then, the company that makes/markets those EDWIN windows sold out to another company, who immediately doubled the price overnight. You gotta love corporate greed at its finest.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote