Replacing sink/stove in Boler 1300 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2017, 02:18 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Replacing sink/stove in Boler 1300

My wife and I want to replace the sink and stove while renovating our boler. My wife seems to think any rv sink/stove combo will fit a boler but I am skeptical. I presume that I am right that only specific ones fit and what have you guys found that works? any help would be grateful.

Also I havent painted inside yet my wife seems to think that I should wait to replace the sink / stove before painting the interior, I feel like im stalled until I resolve it though.
nzwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:56 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
My wife and I want to replace the sink and stove while renovating our boler. My wife seems to think any rv sink/stove combo will fit a boler but I am skeptical. I presume that I am right that only specific ones fit and what have you guys found that works? any help would be grateful.

Also I havent painted inside yet my wife seems to think that I should wait to replace the sink / stove before painting the interior, I feel like im stalled until I resolve it though.

FIT or NOT FIT or ??? depends on how many times it's been "upgraded". These questions about an older trailer don't have read answers because we don't know what been done since it was built.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
If you want units that fit the existing cutouts exactly, you may be pretty limited. Obviously you can make the cutouts bigger if needed to fit a larger stove or sink, but you can't make a square hole round, say, for a round sink.

What some people do is cut out the whole top of the galley (leaving a 1-2" lip all around) and attach a new countertop of whatever material floats your boat. (Better if it's light enough to float, so granite is probably out. ) Then you can make whatever size and shape cutouts you need.

You'll need to look at clearances underneath (especially over the fridge/icebox) and compare to the specs of whatever you're installing. For example, you may not be able to fit a SMEV stove/sink combo unit over the fridge. The location of the gas supply line will also have some bearing on what you can put where.

If your Boler doesn't already have it, I would incorporate some kind of support for the upper cabinet in your redesign. It not only supports the cabinet and its contents, but also stabilizes the shell to keep it from sagging.

What are you painting? Just the Ensolite walls, or everything?
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:55 AM   #4

Name: Mark
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Yeah my sink and stove are original although I dont know what it would involve to cut the original melamine top. My wife also wants me to put a butcher block type top to cover the whole thing although Im not sure how I would secure that since it would probably slide off while being towed.

And yes Im painting everything - i already have primed everything.
nzwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:15 AM   #5

Arizona
Registry
You can cut the fiberglass with a multi-tool. It's very messy, and you must wear protective clothes, mask, and goggles. By leaving a lip around the top, you can secure the new countertop with screws and washers from below. The lip also preserves some of the strength of the cabinet. You'll have to take out the fridge to gain access underneath, but you'll probably want to do that anyway since I understand you're painting the fiberglass cabinets.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:08 PM   #6

Name: J Ronald
Trailer: Casita 17 ft. Liberty Deluxe
North Carolina
Why cut out the existing counter top. Just put new counter top over it. Cut new cutouts and install sink and stove top that works with refigerator.
J Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:40 AM   #7

Arizona
Registry
I suppose you wouldn't really have to, but I don't like the idea of trying to cut through two different materials at the same time. I'd do whatever fiberglass cutting I needed to do before installing the counter.

I also like things neat, even if it doesn't show. Maybe not the whole top, but I'd square up the new openings and put a radius on the corners to avoid stress points.

My wife says I have OCD...
Old 05-03-2017, 06:56 AM   #8

Name: J Ronald
Trailer: Casita 17 ft. Liberty Deluxe
North Carolina
Sounds as if she is right. It would definitely be stronger if not cut out. Just which direction your OCD rona in.
J Ron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler