Rick's Boler "Tillie" - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2018, 11:00 PM   #41

Name: Frederick
Trailer: 1974 Perris Valley Pacer
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick W in MI View Post
Well I'll give a brief update. I spent some time working on the riser of the floor. I was going to use a vinyl wrap but decided to go with the brushed aluminum. I stuck it all in place using the 3M VHB tape. It's there to stay!
I used a product that is about 3/16 thick that is a hard plastic with painted thin aluminum on each side. I sanded off the paint being careful not to burn through the aluminum skin. I then made a square gig for my drill press so I could keep things square with each other. Does the term OCD mean anything? Well not to me, I just for once wanted things to look that nice!
For what I have i am happy with the results. I also polished some 1/8 x3/4 x 3/4 for the corners to match what I made for the window trims. I covered the painted shelves with pieces of metal flashing I had laying around.
The cabinet drawers are in, I just need to pull them out and blast some clear on them when I do the backs of the drawer fronts and cabinet doors. My thought is to use contact cement and apply the same sign material that I polished and stick to the fronts for a smooth paintable surface. The backs and sides I painted black. Then like doing formica, I will stick the fronts on and set the router to leave a 1/8 inch over hang creating a shadow line behind the painted drawer and door fronts. We'll see, finishing the black now.
New stove installed also.
Get the popcorn, its picture time!

I’m digging it! I love the shine on the cabinets. Keep up the good work!
Fredomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:29 AM   #42

Name: Steve
Trailer: Casita
New York
The aluminum-plastic-aluminum sandwich panel is Alucobond. Or at least that was the original manufacturer. It was originally developed for cladding buildings. Comes in diff thicknesses. Beautiful stuff..
Stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:15 AM   #43

Name: Rick
Trailer: Boler
Michigan
Steve is correct.
I actually had a few pieces here, one was from Compbond. An aluminum composite panel. Another is from Piedmont Plastics, PSG Piedmont Sign Grade. You can cut it with a saw or I also used a square and ran the utility knife over it twice then folded it like a sheet of drywall. You then cut the back using the knife, sand the edges lightly and you have a nice clean cut on the plastic and a nice lightly rounded edge of the aluminum.
I enjoy finding new uses for products designed for other purposes. Fun stuff!

Rick W
Still hanging out in MI
Rick W in MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:14 PM   #44

Michigan
It's been a while since I posted. I was able to keep up a bit with the rest of you and what others have been doing as life keep me going the last couple months. I added a bit more stainless steel. I cut a new table top out of 3/4 inch 7 ply plywood. I stained it all black and added a new leg, which I painted black. I went to my cousins work on a Saturday morning and we cut the stainless steel for the top. we cut it a half inch to big and then carefully held it up and turned it through the roller. That gave me a 1/4 inch lip all the way around. I then used counter top adhesive and glued it in place. That was a bit tricky as I had to get it exactly in place before it made contact as once the two pieces touched each other they were stuck. When doing laminate countertops you trim it with a router and file smooth. Not an option here. I then cut some place mats out of black leather. Just having fun. You can see I have the black rubber floor down also.
I am working through some computer problems so I will try to upload more pictures soon as I have the cabinet doors installed and will add them to this as well.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3286(1).jpg  
Old 06-28-2018, 06:01 AM   #45

Michigan
I have the cabinets finished! It took a bit of figuring but after I got the face shape cut, I glued it on. Unlike the cabinet doors I couldn't run the router around it leaving the 1/4 inch reveal. Then I found centers and height's for the door and drawer latches and drilled the holes. I then covered the drawers and drawers and sprayed them with the same automotive paint. It hurt to have to buy two more quarts of the paint as it had tripled in price from when I painted the trailer and cabinets. The positive thing was I'm glad I didn't have to buy paint now to do the entire project.

Now its sewing curtains and that's it for the interior.
I'm sure there will be things to add and change, but all in all was a fun project.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3279-1.jpg   IMG_3290.jpg  

IMG_3280-1.jpg   IMG_3282-1.jpg  

IMG_3283-1.jpg   IMG_3287.jpg  

IMG_3289.jpg  
Old 07-02-2018, 01:44 AM   #46

Name: Mark
Trailer: 13' Boler
British Columbia
Registry
Looks wicked!
What kind of beer are you going to tap?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
fofobraselio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:09 PM   #47

Michigan
Well I was adding a few finishing touches so wanted to share a quick update as I pack things up and head to Winnipeg. I did a post on the door hold back because I felt that was the nicest thing I found and wanted those in need, and not following my rebuild, to see that. I added the window rock guards and did a little painting...just for FUN! There will be many little things that I will have to add as time goes by I'm sure. Frosted plastic panel backsplash with LED back lights??? I have to stop some time. Anyway I hope you enjoyed looking as much as I enjoyed sharing.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3382.jpg   IMG_3372.jpg  

IMG_3381.jpg  

Tags
boler