Scamp 1 photos - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #1

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
This is the 78 Scamp that we have had for about 11 years. when we got it it was nearly perfect, all original and needed next to nothing! I left all the original upholstery etc and just made slip covers to update the colors a little (not much into the olive and gold seventies stuff!)

Anyway, since I gave the 78 to my son and he has seen all the rebuilding of my 84 Scamp, he wanted some renovations done in his too- well, his girlfreind did!!!! I haven't had to do anything severe, mostly cosmetic but I did put in a new sink, new plumbing and a city water connection. I'm in the process of finishing the area under the sink (I had put the microwave in 10 years ago, but the cabinet above is newly recycled) Pretty much I just recovered the cushoins (again!) made new curtains and pillows, built a counter over the stove (it lifts off, the stove is still there but they won't use it much!) Bought some new accessories for the "safari" theme (and got to put to use some of his childhood things that I couldn't part with!!) and thats about it! I did build a new closet door that is going to be really cool when I finish it, but Home Depot has been out of the stuff I need to get it done... Still need to make some drawers and finish up a few things but hopefully in the next couple of weeks both Scamps will be done and ready to roll!
Attached Thumbnails
MVC_674S.JPG   MVC_651S.JPG  

MVC_652S.JPG   MVC_653S.JPG  

MVC_654S.JPG   MVC_655S.JPG  

MVC_656S.JPG   MVC_657S.JPG  

MVC_658S.JPG   MVC_660S.JPG  

jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:22 AM   #2

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
That is just too cool, Jaye! I am always so impressed by folks who do themed trailers, and the Safari thing is just great! The parrot pillows just make the theme!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:44 AM   #3
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Oooo, I hope Benita sees this!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:24 AM   #4

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Now THAT is a coffee pot!
Jeremy Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:13 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Great job! You are very talented.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:21 AM   #6

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
My gosh that is soooo cute!

How is that little front shelf with the fan on it attached to the trailer?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler 1984
In the jungle
The mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
And he/she would be soooo comfortable!
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:55 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Now THAT is a coffee pot!

Not that we aren't big coffee drinkers (!!) but we use these urns for our water heaters!! They heat up fast, make plenty of hot water and since I got this one at the thrift store for $1 it is alot cheaper than a "real" water heater!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #9

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Since I saw this hot water heater a while back and we had one in the basement I tried it on our last trip.I works great!
Hot water on demand. We left it out in the screen room on a small table.
Super idea!
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:40 AM   #10

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via MSN to christineb
Quote:
This is the 78 Scamp that we have had for about 11 years. when we got it it was nearly perfect, all original and needed next to nothing! I left all the original upholstery etc and just made slip covers to update the colors a little (not much into the olive and gold seventies stuff!)

Anyway, since I gave the 78 to my son and he has seen all the rebuilding of my 84 Scamp, he wanted some renovations done in his too- well, his girlfreind did!!!! I haven't had to do anything severe, mostly cosmetic but I did put in a new sink, new plumbing and a city water connection. I'm in the process of finishing the area under the sink (I had put the microwave in 10 years ago, but the cabinet above is newly recycled) Pretty much I just recovered the cushoins (again!) made new curtains and pillows, built a counter over the stove (it lifts off, the stove is still there but they won't use it much!) Bought some new accessories for the "safari" theme (and got to put to use some of his childhood things that I couldn't part with!!) and thats about it! I did build a new closet door that is going to be really cool when I finish it, but Home Depot has been out of the stuff I need to get it done... Still need to make some drawers and finish up a few things but hopefully in the next couple of weeks both Scamps will be done and ready to roll!
Holy Moly!
I do have a question though. How do you afix things to put the curtains up? Ours are on rods which are too close to the wall and it's difficult to open and close the curtains. Any suggestions oh great one?
xoxo
Christine
christineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:25 AM   #11

Trailer: 1968 Venture (Molded Fiberglass 19 ft Class A Motorhome) and 82 TranStar B+
Send a message via AIM to Penny Taylor Send a message via Yahoo to Penny Taylor
<<<How do you afix things to put the curtains up? Ours are on rods which are too close to the wall and it's difficult to open and close the curtains. >>>>

I made 'stand-offs' out of little, shaped, pieces of thick plywood, or 1x4, attached by gorilla glue, or in some cases, short screws. Painted same color as wall. Can't see them behind the drapes, anyway.
Penny Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:03 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Holy Moly!
I do have a question though. How do you afix things to put the curtains up? Ours are on rods which are too close to the wall and it's difficult to open and close the curtains. Any suggestions oh great one?
xoxo
Christine

On both of my campers the original brackets for the curtain rods were still intact. Rusty, ugly, but there none the less. I didn't replace them but what I do is once I have new curtains all made and hung, I put a zip tie around the ends of the rod and the brackets so that everything stays in place and the curtains don't end up on the floor while in transit!!
Old 07-03-2006, 02:37 PM   #13

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
I also would like to know how you attached the shelf the fan is on.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:13 AM   #14

Registry
Quote:
I also would like to know how you attached the shelf the fan is on.

Simple enough. I just use small "L" brackets, on the flat end of the shelf to the overhead cupboard, and another on the other end and riveted to the wall. I know a lot of people don't like making extra holes in their eggs, but this shelf has been here for years, travelled thousands of miles and remains sturdy and leak free so I don't mind making extra holes! I might mention that on the end where the "L" bracket (and I am talking about the little 2 inch ones) joins to the curved wall/ceiling, I have to bang the bracket with a hammer a couple of times so that it is bent in a bit to fit the contour, but that isn't hard to do. As a matter of fact, if you look at my other album, all of the shelves, even the ones that run the width of the trailer are attached this way. When I did my fiberglassing and painting last week I put a dab of resin over the outside rivets, sanded them down smooth and spray painted- you can harldy even tell and I am certainly no pro at this!!!

Tags
scamp