Scamp 19 floor insulation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2020, 10:24 AM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 5th wheel
MB
Scamp 19 floor insulation

Hi. We have an 2016 scamp 19ft 5th wheel. I'd like to insulate the floor for cool weather camping. I am considering spray foam, gluing ridged insulation on the underside of the floor or a snap on canvas (or similar) skirt around the trailer. I am thinking the skirting would be the simplest and most effective. Any opinions or ideas would be welcome. Thanks. Mike
Mike255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:19 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
We had used the interlocking foam anti-fatigue tiles from Home Depot. They really kept our feet warm, and they came with one side looking like wood plank flooring, and the other side looked like flag stone. The down side we found was we wore the top finish off with our shoes because the shoes really gripped so turning was very hard on the tiles.
Best of luck on your project.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 12:35 PM   #3

Name: Ken
Trailer: Scamp
Massachusetts
Insulating Scamp 19

I have had some cold weather camping experience in my Scamp 19. (over night below freezing/day above.) The campground I stayed at was in Maine, opened year around. Everyone had skirting. I was the only transient so they had more permanent kind of skirting. I insulated the windows and roof vents. and the door. That worked well. Did nothing to the floor but needed to do something. I am looking at installing something under the floor so that the plumbing and tanks have some protection. Spray foam is problematic, so I am told. So I am exploring rigid foam and some sort of hard surface material that would withstand what the road throws at the trailer. Any ideas? KenR
kruther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp