Scamp 5th Wheel Delux - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2002, 03:49 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Scamp 5th Wheel Delux

Photos of some of the additions & modifications that I have installed in/on our 5th Wheel can be found in my Yahoo briefcase at
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/larryepage
Includes picts of an LCD TV, Radio/CD, extra outlets, telephone and ethernet connections.
Also included are photos of mods done to our previously owned '16 as well as picts of the Scamp factory in Backus, MN
We are getting it ready to live in for three months next summer when we visit Alaska :)

Larry Page
Appleton, WI
SOI 386

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 11:55 PM   #2

enjoyed the pix!

I have always wanted to see a 19 ft deluxe..........your pix were almost as good as being there. Nice rig and professional looking mods!

Old 11-30-2002, 01:46 AM   #3

great pics!

(too bad Scamp doesn't bother to put up good pics of their trailers on their site, isn't it?)

Couple of questions....

Is that back semi-circle affair comfortable to sit on ... as in, can you really get comfy and watch TV or do you have to be sitting upright (like you're eating) to feel good back there?

Your flat-screen TV - is that thing mounted on something that swivels, or is it stationary?

The pic of your trailer out by the garage - do you actually have that thing on casters?!?!? If so... how big of a deal is it to push it around?

What are you towing yours with? Have you got any idea of a Ford Explorer Sport Trac could be used to tow one of these?

Old 11-30-2002, 09:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Orginally posted by Sally T

Is that back semi-circle affair comfortable to sit on ... as in, can you really get comfy and watch TV or do you have to be sitting upright (like you're eating) to feel good back there?
The back section is narrow (ie not very deep) and would not be suitable, however we use both sides comfortably.

Quote:
Your flat-screen TV - is that thing mounted on something that swivels, or is it stationary?
The LCD TV is by Sharp. The mount swivels in all directions but you have to buy it extra. A big plus is that it is powered by either 12v or 110.

Quote:
The pic of your trailer out by the garage - do you actually have that thing on casters?!?!? If so... how big of a deal is it to push it around?
The two front jacks are indeed sitting on "car dollys". Because of the configuration of our deck it would be next to impossible to back the trailer into that space. I discovered "car dollys" and am told that auto enthusiasts use four of them under the wheels of autos to position them in storage garages. I purchased them on the web from Northern Tool.

Quote:
What are you towing yours with? Have you got any idea of a Ford Explorer Sport Trac could be used to tow one of these?
Boy...that's a hard one. I don't know if the short box would accomidate the gooseneck hitch or not. That question is best answered by the folks at Scamp in Backus. They have an eight-hundred number (800-346-4962).
Cheers

Old 12-03-2002, 08:51 AM   #5

5th wheel

On pulling with a Ford Explorer Sport Trac, I'd call Ford. that's truck is too cute to mess up so get it right.

Tags
scamp