Scamp Cushion Covers, not DIY - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2021, 07:49 AM   #1

Name: Shannon
Trailer: Desperately Searching
Ohio
Question Scamp Cushion Covers, not DIY

I just bought a Scamp 16’ Layout 7. I’ve searched everywhere online I can think of but all of the replacement cushion cover discussions I’ve seen are from people who either bought from Scamp or made their own. I am not a DIYer at all. Does anyone know of a website, company, or Etsy store that specifically makes Scamp replacement cushion covers?
ShannonOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:13 PM   #2

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Scamp cushion covers ,not DIY

Hi have you considered a local upholstery shop to have covers made for your Scamp. You may need new foam as well. I am a retired upholsterer, I have done many of these jobs over the years. Have the shop measure and do the cushions.
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:20 PM   #3

Ohio
I will look into that, thanks! I’d rather just buy them online somewhere but if that’s the best option, I’ll have to go with it.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonOhio View Post
I just bought a Scamp 16’ Layout 7. I’ve searched everywhere online I can think of but all of the replacement cushion cover discussions I’ve seen are from people who either bought from Scamp or made their own. I am not a DIYer at all. Does anyone know of a website, company, or Etsy store that specifically makes Scamp replacement cushion covers?
Hi: ShannonOhio... Here's some pic's of my Boler upholstery changing to Scamp covers from their parts dept. This was done and Darcy approved in 2006.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1879.jpg   P1000024.jpg  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
We went a different direction
We contacted our local adult education school that offered upholstery classes
They said they had students who were always looking for projects
They did a great job/ very very cost effective and as a bounds the lady that did our work even made a cover for our porta potty
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:58 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
There are no sources of ready-made Scamp covers other than Scamp. There just isn’t enough demand. The options are Scamp, DIY, or custom.

A community college upholstery program could be an alternative to an upholstery shop for custom work, but it’s a long shot. Students may bring their own projects. My mother took a class for several semesters to reupholster her motorhome. With guidance from the instructor, the results were amazing!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:26 PM   #7

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Hi Shannon,
I agree with Duane that you're best bet is to take it to an upholsterer. I'm currently employed as a marine upholsterer, and these cushions would be easy enough for us to do.

I remade my own 13' Scamp cushions a few year ago (and have duplicate patterns for them). I highly recommend that you get new foam (Scamp uses the cheapest stuff out there) and have the company cut the foam 1" shorter along the outside curved/back edge. Scamp cuts theirs too tight which encourages condensation, black mold and makes it difficult to make up the linens.

The best tip for the upholsterer is just to follow the seat dimension on the seat, on the inside of the fiberglass U-channel for a pattern. Don't try to measure up or widen it from there. Easy Cheesy.

Since I full-time, I don't turn the back into a dinette. I have 3 cushions; a center rectangle cushion and the two curved end pieces. I used HyperVent under the cushions (looks like Raman noodles) for breathability, and a 2" foam topper so no seams are felt in the separate cushions.

You may want to still convert that space into a dinette, but I still recommend keeping your foam looser than Scamp does on your new threads.

Good luck and pick a great fabric! I had fun with Tommy Bahama "Southern Constellation"
Attached Thumbnails
mattress1.jpg   matress2.jpg  

Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:53 AM   #8

Ohio
Smile

Thank you everyone! These are great ideas and I will check them out!

Tags
scamp