Scamp Factory mods? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #1

Name: Olivia
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Scamp Factory mods?

Hello!

Has anyone brought their old Scamp to the factory to have modifications done? They were very nice and quickly responded to my email and quoted me a price to insulate and install the wall carpet (rat fur). I am just wondering if anyone else has done this or had a positive experience there? I wanted to check before we haul our 1985 Scamp up there!

Olivia
oliviaherrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:31 AM   #2

Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
Missouri
Wow! That sounds like a great idea!

MonB
monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I have heard of several that have done that for various kinds of work. In general, the costs reported have seemed very reasonable. For most of us, the distance is too far. But if I lived nearby, it sounds like a good option.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:43 PM   #4

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
The Scamps come insulated and with the rat fur from the factory. Were you adding extra insulation?

My visit at the factory was also very pleasant, they offered to fix the door that would not always stay closed while traveling. Since I had it under control, I did not take them up on it. It was a good visit and a factory tour.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:21 PM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16ft Scamp
Minnesota
exceptional service

I have twice returned my 16 ft. Scamp to the motherland for updates. Two years ago I had an air conditioner and awning installed. Last year I returned for a wiring issue I could not find. Both experiences were very positive. I will always be a Scamp fan.
John
Old 02-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #6

Trailer: 2002 Scamp 16 ft / 2005 Saturn Vue V6
Scamp factory repairs and replacements

I have had our 2002 Scamp 16 back to the factory several times. All positive experiences. Last time was for new AC. What they charged for unit and installation was very reasonable. They also did a couple other minor repairs that I hadn't got around to at low cost. Had grey water tank replaced after road debris poked a hole in it. Again, very reasonable. Another time they repaired black water tank, very reasonable. (Job I didn't care to do). We live in NE Iowa so trip to factory isn't too bad. Also everyone is pleasant to deal with. Small town atmosphere.
Steven F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #7

Name: Doug
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft.
Missouri
I took our Scamp,to he factory and was treated very nicely! The technicians were top notch and did fantastic work. Got a new awning (free installation), new bike hitch welded on, new retractable step welded on, new door seal, replaced screen door panels, TV antenna, new 12 volt charge socket, new bath door handle, and a assist handle at the left side of the door. All done in about 8 hours. I was given a going away gift of a big bag of rivets, collars, and caps. Great folks up there, a truly great experience.
Flyboyscamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp