Scamp upgrade to bypass water holding tank? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2021, 02:23 PM   #1

Name: Suzanne
Trailer: 1993 Scamp 13'
wi
Scamp upgrade to bypass water holding tank?

I'm a recent Scamp owner of a 1993 13' Scamp. I want to upgrade many things but I'm not sure where to start. It has a water holding tank with a pump water faucet. Is there a way to upgrade to have fresh water hookups and bypass the holding tank? I see many remodels with new "normal" looking faucets but they don't comment on what they did with the upgrading.
kallensr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:36 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
You want to hook up to a hose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallensr View Post
I'm a recent Scamp owner of a 1993 13' Scamp. I want to upgrade many things but I'm not sure where to start. It has a water holding tank with a pump water faucet. Is there a way to upgrade to have fresh water hookups and bypass the holding tank? I see many remodels with new "normal" looking faucets but they don't comment on what they did with the upgrading.
and not use the tank? It should do that if it has a check valve on the output of the tank. What do you want to do. I would want both the hose hookup and the tank as options. To have that you would need to add a 12 volt demand pump and a new faucet. If only the hookup and no water heater all you need is a new faucet hooked to the outside city water hookup. The questions are "what do you have now" and "where do you want to get to?"
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:35 PM   #3

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp - "The Haunted Mansion" (13') and TBD (16')
Colorado
Registry
When we rebuilt our Scamp, we put in a Y fitting with a backflow preventer that allowed us to use either city water or water from the holding tank (we only use it for washing dishes/hands, etc. If we are connected to city water, the back flow preventer stops water from going into the tank. If we aren't connected to city water, the outlet is plugged to prevent tank water from exiting where the city water would connect. The only other outlet, then, is toward the faucet (actually a water filter). The faucet is a standard faucet. We plugged the hot water side (since we don't have a hot water heater and to prevent water coming back from the cold side). Works great! Hope this helps!

Tony
Attached Images

Sohkraites is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp