Screen door modification - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2020, 08:10 AM   #1

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
Screen door modification

My little hauley screen door, and many other brands, require you to open the sliding window to access the door latch when using the screen door, which I consider a PITA. I have seen some interesting solutions but opted for the simple pull cord shown in the attachment. I drilled a hole in the door and inserted a tight fitting plastic tube, a piece of spiralwrap in my case, drilled an appropriately sized hole in the door handle and ran a piece of small cord from the handle, thru the plastic tube and knotted it at both ends. Works great.
Attached Thumbnails
P1009001 - Edited.jpg  
Old 06-21-2020, 05:57 PM   #2

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Great idea.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 08:05 PM   #3

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
My little hauley screen door, and many other brands, require you to open the sliding window to access the door latch when using the screen door, which I consider a PITA. I have seen some interesting solutions but opted for the simple pull cord shown in the attachment. I drilled a hole in the door and inserted a tight fitting plastic tube, a piece of spiralwrap in my case, drilled an appropriately sized hole in the door handle and ran a piece of small cord from the handle, thru the plastic tube and knotted it at both ends. Works great.
I like the idea. I get tired of opening the slide, they wear out and get all messed up quite often. But I wonder if a pet could pull on the rope and open the doors.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote