Searching for parts: Recommendations needed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #1

Name: Jude
Trailer: 1973 Honey Boler...
Alberta
Searching for parts: Recommendations needed

Hello.

Well it's D-day. Things have gone into overdrive and I'm not ready. I just got an offer I can't pass up. I had planned to follow the excellent advice here and dive straight into the fiberglass work, but now I don't have to. I"m planning on filling all extraneous holes and cutting new ones once the final plan is closer to reality. However... I need to get a few things first.
Like windows. Top 'o' the list. I have the two jalousie (sic?) and they're in pretty rough shape, but I think I can fix them. The front and back window are badly scared. My boler was covered in graffiti when I found it, so the state of the windows are to be expected. I"ll need new panes and since they also leak, new seals.
The door and the kitchen window are badly damaged and need to be replaced. I'm thinking of going big/ger with a slider in the kitchen.
I went to the scamp manufacturers last year, whilst on a drive through. I bought some things, but they were out of most of the above. Waiting on an immanent shipment that alas, we could not stick around for.
I know I can look on E-bay, but I would prefer not to pay all the stupid international shipping fees and so on, as I live in Edmonton.

To make a very long story short, I'm looking for advice.
Does anyone know a place to near Edmonton or central AB that has a good supply of rv parts, namely windows and seals? Used would be ideal.
I'm also interested in refrigeration, solar stuff ie: converters, inverters, batteries and so on.. If you have a favourite shop, I'd love to hear of it.

I have heard of a product that reconditions window seals? Does anyone know the name or if a similar product can be bought up here?

I have only tried Ebay a few times and I have been ripped off every time. This was a few years ago, but I have been a bit leery of jumping in again. If need be, I'll try it again although I have a questions.
What is the average wait time on parts you've ordered? Are any companies better than others - more reliable, or is everything kosher now?
I've been having difficulty finding any window prices or even places that sell them up here. I've been pricing things on Ebay, and as a Canuck I'm used to paying more but if I don't have to...,

Thanks for reading this loooong scribe. I'd really appreciate any and all help.
Thanks.
ceilityme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Hi Judy
not much help for you finding seals in Edmonton, but I bought some from here. They had fast shipping and worked on my windows. My Ventura uses windows like yours but not sure if they are exactly the same or not. I am up in north Edmonton if you want to come and see. I may have some left over , I will check. If you do want to come over, pm or email me and I will send you address and phone number.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler American
Registry
I'm in the process of ordering new seals for my jalousies; this is a very helpful write up.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ows-41003.html
LukeP is offline   Reply With Quote