Seat Belts Shades and Stereo - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2020, 09:05 AM   #1

Name: steve and teresa
Trailer: Scamp 16 Layout #6
Michigan
Seat Belts Shades and Stereo

The original goal was to upgrade the curtains over the rear dinette/bed, to light blocking blinds.

That project encountered scope creep and became new shelves, new stereo, new wiring, and seat belts.

The existing shelf over the dinette/bed was pipe and wire shelving. Upgrading to a wood shelf provided a place to mount the rear blind. There was also a small shelf on the starboard side that the existing stereo was mounted on, that shelf did not allow enough clearance for the blind over the side window. Since the stereo had to be moved I decided to upgrade to one with Bluetooth connectivity. I chose a marine version that is panel mounted like boat instruments. It requires a 3.25" round hole and has a 4" square face.

Shelf with new Blind, added drawer pull/handle in center of blind and an elastic loop on the bottom of the window to hold blinds back against walls..
(Picture 1 below)
(Picture 3 below)

The Blue loop is elastic and fastens over the silver drawer pull on the blind.
(Picture 2 below)

The stereo was installed over the closet next to the entry door. I chose a marine version to get a small panel foot print and simpler install.
(Picture 4 below)
(Picture 5 below)
(Picture 6 below)

The speakers are at the back next to the new shelf, The rat fur on the ceiling has a small gap under the 2" wide rat fur trim piece that runs front to back, the speaker wires were snaked and hidden there.

It bothered me when the cushions fell down while traveling with the camper, so I added seat belts for the cushions. Simple belt with snap buckle pop riveted to seat. 1" wide nylon material and plastic buckle.
(Picture 7 below)

Seat Belt for cushions not humans
(Picture 8 below)

Steve and Teresa L.
Scamp 16 layout #6 2005
Attached Thumbnails
1 New Wood Shelf.jpg   2 Blind with loop and handle to catch loop.jpg  

3 Blinds and Shelf.jpg   4 Stereo by entry door.jpg  

5 stereo face off.jpg   6 stereo face on.jpg  

7 seat.jpg   8 belt attachement.jpg  

Steve.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:31 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
“Seat belts” made me look!...

Scamp actually recommends towing with all tables lowered to the sleeping position.

I have read a few reports of the side table pedestal becoming too tightly jammed in the base to remove after driving with the table up. Not a problem unless you use it as a bed.

While I doubt you’ll see any great harm from leaving the small side dinette set up, the large rear table is another matter. Not only is the stock hardware rather flimsy and the table itself heavy, but the back of any trailer gets the roughest ride.

I forgot to take down the rear table in my Class B last week, and when I glanced in the mirror a few miles down the road, it was swaying back and forth. It has a different type of pedestal mount that screws down tight, but it had apparently worked loose in just a few miles. I stopped to take it down.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #3

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
In my friends scamp. the brackets at the rear, of the table top broke out.
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:42 PM   #4

Name: steve and teresa
Trailer: Scamp 16 Layout #6
Michigan
Table up or down

We never leave the rear "main" table up it is always set as a bed.

As was mentioned probably not much risk to the small side table, but to help stabilize it we added a Pool Noodle between the table and the wall. The noodle really adds a lot of stability to the table top. Just slice a length of noodle and slide it over the edge of the table, between the wall and table top.

Steve and Teresa L.
Scamp 16
Steve.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.L View Post
We never leave the rear "main" table up it is always set as a bed.

As was mentioned probably not much risk to the small side table, but to help stabilize it we added a Pool Noodle between the table and the wall. The noodle really adds a lot of stability to the table top. Just slice a length of noodle and slide it over the edge of the table, between the wall and table top.
Great idea! The “seat belts” are clever, too. You are a first-class problem solver!

Pipe insulation would also work, and it’s already split.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:16 AM   #6

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
I'm very happy with this iRV Technology iRV34 Wall Mount RV Stereo: Installation was easy, no surprises and the unit works as expected. Wiring diagram on the unit and in the manual easy to follow, equipped with an HDMI input, simple to install and connect with several devices through Bluetooth,...
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:25 AM   #7

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
I'm very happy with this iRV Technology iRV34 Wall Mount RV Stereo: Installation was easy, no surprises and the unit works as expected. Wiring diagram on the unit and in the manual easy to follow, equipped with an HDMI input, simple to install and connect with several devices through Bluetooth,..
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote