Sewer Hose Storage Modification - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2018, 07:34 AM   #1

Name: Allen
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Sewer Hose Storage Modification

My new RhinoFLEX sewer hose doesn't fit in the standard Casita bumper where the original sewer hose was stored. I made a storage container to fix this problem. Check out the full video of this modification on My YouTube Channel.
allenfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:46 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
I just filed the ears down a little bit and it then fit
Jb
casita17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:06 AM   #3

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
Allen, thanks for sharing and taking the time for the video. I just did my 2nd similar mod with the fence post. After having my 1st hose develope a leak I had to replace on the road with a "better" but a few inches longer black hose. Had to buy a longer fence post. I have used a little different cap latching design, but I am sure all will work.

On thing I found after 9 month of use is that the white plastic caps tend to crack, shatter or just break. I asked about a black tube but the ranch supply I use don't stock any but the white. I may try a sun protectant spray. Kinda like spf 50 sunscreen.

Happy camping!

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
0622180857b-700x525.jpg  
Old 06-28-2018, 06:20 AM   #4

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
storage mod: casita 17'

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ita-85227.html click on pic to see enlargement.

I used a 5x5" x 58" long piece of vinyl fence post. The light
weight caps are held on by those bungees which come in loops w the little red ball on one end..
Drill a hole(smooth the edges) in the middle of the end caps and push the bungee LOOP thru from the OUTSIDE, leaving the red balls on the OUTSIDE.
Then drill a hole near each end of post and stretch the bungees loops into the post and OUT thru that hole. Try stretching the bungees a couple times first, to see where to drill each hole in yer tube.

Fix that loop as it exits the tube w some kind of pin or something. I used a piece of aluminum pin bent to stay in the bit of loop stuck OUT a hole..experiment w your bungees to see where to drill holes. The stretched bungee holds the caps ON and allows one to pull them off to extricate the slinky. Smooth out the holes to avoid fraying.
The caps stay on and there4 do not fall into the mess at the dump stations. Our rig has enuf room to store that plastic 'tank wash wand' too.

I do "test" the tightness on each "walkaround" by shaking the 5" tube..still tight after two trips to campgrounds in a month.

If the caps break you can easily replace them and the little bungees as there is only one pin holding the loop to the tube.
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote