Shades/Blinds for my Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #1

Name: Raina
Trailer: Casita
CT
Shades/Blinds for my Casita

Sorry if this question has been answered but I just got my 2018 Casita. The blinds are trashed and I'm wondering if I can order them from blind suppliers or do I have to go to Casita. The ones taht are there are just cheap plastic ones, but the 2 clip on top of the windows do not look to be standard shade clips and I'd like to try to avoid drilling for new.
KettleKornKween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:29 PM   #2

Name: Steve
NC
We ended up ditching the crappy blinds and going with curtains. We’ve been so happy with this change.

See my video here at the 3 min mark

https://youtu.be/ZJqMGQfVIB8
My Casita YouTube videos
Shocksll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:44 PM   #3

Name: Raina
CT
I was thinking the same thing!! I upholster and sewing is no issue and the funny thing is, Casita doesn't even have the correct size blinds available.
KettleKornKween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:23 PM   #4

Name: CalCop
California
A few years ago I oredered replacement blinds from budget blinds online. Wide variety of colors and custom sized to your needs. Even with shipping, sometimes that’s free, they were very reasonable.
CalCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:28 PM   #5

Name: CalCop
California
BTW the factory installed blinds simply rest on top of angle aluminum pieces attached to the window frame. The remove the blinds simply look under the rail bar and remove the Robertson screws. To install the new blinds rest the blind on top of the bracket position the blind evenly spaced, use a sharpie to mark the hole to be drilled by placing the sharpie thru the bracket. Remove the blind drill holes at the respective marks. Return the blind on the bracket and install the screws.
CalCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 11:28 AM   #6

Name: Dan
Trailer: Casita 17' Liberty Deluxe
Utah
From the Casita dealer...

I have replaced a couple of blinds. Bought directly from the Casita dealer thru online ordering. Good prices and speedy service. Check on their website....
Old 08-06-2022, 11:37 AM   #7

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Fix for Dancing Venetian Blind Wands

Should you keep or replace your venetian blinds, I recommend Don Dayton's cheap/easy fix that prevents the the wand from getting "stuck" after a (bouncy) ride to/from a camping trip. In my case I used #31 o-rings from Home depot.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 01:58 PM   #8

Name: Tony
New York
We prefer blinds. love the look of curtains but they don't offer the versatility of blinds, in my opinion. Blinds give ventilation and privacy. Our original (2016) Casita blinds were a low-grade aluminum that were easily bent and quickly began to pit and tarnish. After a few years we ordered new faux wood blinds from an outfit called Steve's Blinds and wallpaper, believe they're in Wisconsin. I think it was less than $150 for all windows in total. 1" white louvers and no rust or pitting, quite nice and sized per window. We tried the local Lowes/Home Depot route but found that sizing to length was really difficult and not worth the effort. To each their own though, some like curtains and valences and the comfy look but we like a more minimalist look. Nothing wrong with either.
Adirondack Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:56 AM   #9

Name: Joel
Trailer: Casita SD
Texas
^Same here.

Curtains or roller shades just don't offer nearly the same amount of adjustability as blinds.

I added magnets mounted on small metal brackets to several of the bottom screws that secure each window in its frame. The magnets capture the bottom of the blinds, so that they don't swing around freely - but can still be instantly released.
JoelInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 02:37 AM   #10

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
We used these to hang curtains & used small paper clips to keep the curtains from falling while traveling.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Command-H...f0e2d3c9e141fc
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita