Shelving for storage closet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2020, 11:58 AM   #1

Name: DaveWI
Trailer: 2014 16‘ Scamp Deluxe
Wisconsin
Shelving for storage closet

Hi, I have a 2014 Scamp Deluxe. I’d like ideas (and possibly photos) for storage shelving in the bathroom/shower space. We don’t have a bathroom in there now and use it for storage, but I don’t think I’ve got the most ideal space usage. I’d be interested in what others have done. Thanks, Dave.
DaveWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:58 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
WOW, lots of views but no help

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHoffman View Post
Hi, I have a 2014 Scamp Deluxe. I’d like ideas (and possibly photos) for storage shelving in the bathroom/shower space. We don’t have a bathroom in there now and use it for storage, but I don’t think I’ve got the most ideal space usage. I’d be interested in what others have done. Thanks, Dave.

I have never done it either, but I did add shelves to my closet. The shelves are not only rounded but get smaller with each inch that you go up or down from the belly band. I cut corrugated boxes into patterns for each level and used them to mark the plywood. Then I cut the PVC pipe to the correct length to hold each one tight.
Attached Thumbnails
46 SHELVES 2.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
I have never done it either, but I did add shelves to my closet. The shelves are not only rounded but get smaller with each inch that you go up or down from the belly band. I cut corrugated boxes into patterns for each level and used them to mark the plywood. Then I cut the PVC pipe to the correct length to hold each one tight.

Dave did you simply use pvc for leg supports and then attach shelves to each leg and then stacked the next leg and shelf on it... or is there something I’m missing... very nice looking by the way
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:37 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I used 1/2 inch plywood to make 2 1/2 inch wide pair of legs on both sides vertically, with a horizontal piece on the bottom and top (front to back). You can see the white support legs in the picture. I then drilled holes for shelf pins, so the shelves are adjustable. Finally, similar to above I used cardboard to create a pattern. Shelves are not identical. Painted to match closet and cabinet doors.

I used "shelf pins" like the Walmart link,

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bulldog-H...-Pack/17474239

Trillium closet shelves by wrk101, on Flickr
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:48 PM   #5

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Just sits together

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Dave did you simply use pvc for leg supports and then attach shelves to each leg and then stacked the next leg and shelf on it... or is there something I’m missing... very nice looking by the way
Each shelf has four holes and the pipe sticks through. The shelf standard on the edge is to prevent bending of the plywood.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:18 PM   #6

Name: DaveWI
Trailer: 2014 16‘ Scamp Deluxe
Wisconsin
Shelving Tips

Thanks All. These tips are very helpful.
DaveWI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp, vin