Show Your True Colors - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 2001 Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
For some time now I have been trying to figure out how to fly a flag on my Casita. But, all of the flagpole brackets I could find required me to drill into the fiberglass or were designed to fit on an attached ladder (think 40' RV). Well, I finally found a solution that I am quite happy with and thought I would share it with the forum crowd in case someone else would like to use the idea - or - improve on it! : I actually found this bracket on the Airstream forum after seeing one on my friend's Airstream. It's a little pricey ($40 + $9 shipping) but I couldn't find the materials and someone to weld it together any cheaper than that. I know some of you metal experts will figure out a way to fabricate your own version if you are so inspired. Anyway, for what its worth, here are some pictures (I hope)

Fred
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0214.jpg   IMG_0215.jpg  

IMG_0216.jpg   IMG_0217.jpg  

IMG_0219.jpg  
Fred Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Good idea for flag folks. Question----Does the flag poles interfere with your jack?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
Good idea for flag folks. Question----Does the flag poles interfere with your jack?
No problem. I put the flags in after the trailer is set and level. They just slide into the holes in the bracket and when they are not in place the jack handle can turn freely!
Fred
Old 09-23-2008, 08:29 AM   #4

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Fred: Great idea for a flag pole holder. I had my son install a holder, 18" piece of PVC pipe, to the frame of my 13' Scamp with U-clamps, near the propane tank. Then I went to Ace hardware and purchased an extendable metal pole made for window washing. Had a squeege attached whick I unscrewed and put away. On the top of the pole, where the threads are for attaching the squeege, I drilled a hole large enough into which I insert a dowel with a washer slid on to keep it from going to the bottom of the extended pole. I then drilled two holes into the dowel into which I thread nylon cord to tie the flag to. When put away the pole lies under my dinette table and the flag is wound around the dowel. No pics, sorry. I always put up my flag at every campground. In fact, I had it flying at the 6th Annual OR Get-to-gether. Margaret in NW California
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:37 AM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Fred: Great idea for a flag pole holder. I had my son install a holder, 18" piece of PVC pipe, to the frame of my 13' Scamp with U-clamps, near the propane tank. Then I went to Ace hardware and purchased an extendable metal pole made for window washing. Had a squeege attached whick I unscrewed and put away. On the top of the pole, where the threads are for attaching the squeege, I drilled a hole large enough into which I insert a dowel with a washer slid on to keep it from going to the bottom of the extended pole. I then drilled two holes into the dowel into which I thread nylon cord to tie the flag to. When put away the pole lies under my dinette table and the flag is wound around the dowel. No pics, sorry. I always put up my flag at every campground. In fact, I had it flying at the 6th Annual OR Get-to-gether. Margaret in NW California
Marg,
I actually did something similar in that the poles I used are extensions that screw into a paint roller to reach those high places. They are six feet long and will extend to about 12'. I drilled a hole in the threaded top and simply used a binder ring (a snap ring used to bind a large sheaf of papers) slipped through the hole and then snapped into a grommet on fhe flag. I also used a ring in each grommet and slid those down over the outside of the pole. I take them down, wrap the flag around the pole and put them into a nylon bag that was stitched together to hold them.
Its always interesting to watch the engineering of folks on this forum!
Fred