side registers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2018, 06:00 PM   #1

Name: dust in
Trailer: Boler Trailer
British Columbia
side registers

Got my 13 foot...doing some upgrades..one being drivers side vent for stove. These cut outs were important I get that . Mine had two below Belly Band separated one for fridge vent and other I assume for the stove another was just above the BB 4x16 in. There was a grate over it but it was over sized and messy so I removed it. Contemplating filling in that spot . The stove needs to vent (gases) right I get it. Some Bolers had a crank window just below the cabinets above the stove and this is what I would like to do. Now any body have an idea where I can get one of these crank windows?
dust-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:06 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
our 13f

our 13f scamper had the sink and the stove taken out by p/o I like it much better give us storage. I use a coleman stove outside for the most part we use disposables. by the way I retired wifey retired no heavy cooking at our campsite I fix breakfast and we eat out normally late afternoon.

life is good in scamper no kitchen

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
dust in, the two driver's side rectangular vents below the belly band (one vent directly below the other) are both for the fridge. If there is or was a furnace, then there may be another vent (square) also on the driver's side below the sink.

The vent (or small window) for the stove, if there is one, is located just below the upper cabinet.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #4

Michigan
Registry
dust in, the small crank windows sometimes show up on kijiji and on ebay.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:32 PM   #5

Michigan
Registry
congratulations!

Also dust in, congratulations on your Boler! Would be great to see some pics of it.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #6

British Columbia
the rectangular crank window

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
dust in, the two driver's side rectangular vents below the belly band (one vent directly below the other) are both for the fridge. If there is or was a furnace, then there may be another vent (square) also on the driver's side below the sink.

The vent (or small window) for the stove, if there is one, is located just below the upper cabinet.
Thank you for that : yes I understand as I don't have the fridge any more the rectangular just above the belly band seemed to me to be for the stove...so I thought to glass that in and try to find a rectangular crank window like one on the door just below the cabinets..
Old 04-07-2018, 04:01 PM   #7

British Columbia
John, I rather thought so myself what the two lower vents were for below belly band. Trailer also has one just above the belly band. Think that one was cut for the Stove....so my thought is to glass that hole off and then find a crank window like one on door install that just below the cabinet as you mentioned. Still have a request I would like to get one of these rectangular crank windows like the one on the 73 Boler I have now. Thx.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
Also dust in, congratulations on your Boler! Would be great to see some pics of it.

John, Thank you for the input and the direction to try find one. I will check out Kijiji. Other wise I am looking.